Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Maggie Valley, NC

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:03 PM
tga
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maggie Valley, NC

I am planning a trip to the Smokies this summer and am considering staying in or around Maggie Valley. My search didn't turn up very much information. I was wondering if any forum members had any favorite places to stay and eat in the area. I would like to stay in place safe for my motorcycle. I had a Heritage Classic vandalized and almost stolen twice in the same night in Gatlinburg back in 2005.

Thanks for your help!

Old 06-02-2007, 03:14 AM
usnret
Intermediate
Default RE: Maggie Valley, NC

Here is a link to Jonathan Creek Inn. I have stayed at Villa # 7.

My wife and I really liked staying here.

http://www.jonathancreekinn.com/

Jim Maddox

Old 06-02-2007, 06:25 AM
tga
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: usnret

Here is a link to Jonathan Creek Inn. I have stayed at Villa # 7.

My wife and I really liked staying here.

http://www.jonathancreekinn.com/

Jim Maddox
Great!
Thanks!

Old 06-02-2007, 09:18 AM
v2in
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me Maggie Valley or Cherokee are NOT great. Look at the kickstand Lodge or the Iron Horse campground and lodge around Stecoah NC. Great riding with a central location. Also Robinsville NC. There's a little place there called Phillips Motel, they are very biker friendly. I'm not advertising just recomending. I spend a lot of time over there. Email me if you need any more info. I'll see if I can help. All those places have web sites. HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!!

Old 06-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

We were there last September. Can't help you with a motel. However, if you have time go to "Wheels through time museum" it is on route 19 in Maggie Valley. Great place

Old 06-03-2007, 05:08 AM
Seawolf
Tourer

We just came back from our honeymoon in Waynesville, which is next door to Maggie Valley. Make sure you get breakfast at Underwoods in Maggie Valley. Best Waffles I've ever had.
Everyone in that area was very nice and everything was very biker friendly. The wheels through time is probably the best Motorcycle museum I have ever seen and the fact that everything in there actually RUNS makes it that much better.
Make sure to do some mining while you are there. It was actually a lot of fun playing in the dirt and mud looking for rubys.lol

Old 06-03-2007, 07:56 AM
tga
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Seawolf

We just came back from our honeymoon in Waynesville, which is next door to Maggie Valley. Make sure you get breakfast at Underwoods in Maggie Valley. Best Waffles I've ever had.
Everyone in that area was very nice and everything was very biker friendly. The wheels through time is probably the best Motorcycle museum I have ever seen and the fact that everything in there actually RUNS makes it that much better.
Make sure to do some mining while you are there. It was actually a lot of fun playing in the dirt and mud looking for rubys.lol
The museum is one of the reasons I wanted to stay in or close to Maggie Valley. I've been there once and would like to spend a whole day there. The curator was especially friendly and informative. He was cranking up bikes all over the place. Thanks for the tiip about Underwoods!

Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 AM
Skippy49
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Carolina Harley Dealers rally in mid Sept is a good, fun little rally to attend. Good entertainment and not too crowded. Might be a good time to go.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:46 PM
LakeDude
Advanced

Hotel and conference center used to be a Holiday Inn will let you leave your bike under the covered area at the front door. The bar is decorated in Harley stuff . Think the manager rides. Cant think of the name but it is on the corner at Hwy 276 last hotel going toward Waynesville

Old 07-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I use to work for Dale (The owner/curator) when he owned Harley Davidson of Mt. Vernon, IL. Make sure to tell him that Terry says howdy. The museum is great.
The museum is one of the reasons I wanted to stay in or close to Maggie Valley. I've been there once and would like to spend a whole day there. The curator was especially friendly and informative. He was cranking up bikes all over the place. Thanks for the tiip about Underwoods!

Quick Reply: Maggie Valley, NC