Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Houston to Bikes, Blues, and BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016 | 10:13 PM
CoolHandKev
|
Stage II
Default Houston to Bikes, Blues, and BBQ

I just joined the forum today. Been riding for decades. 49 year old former Marine sergeant, now IT manager. Ride a 2016 Ultra Limited. Traded in a Heritage Softail for it.

Anyway, I'd love to make the trip from Houston, TX to Fayetteville, AR for the Bikes, Blues and BBQ (literally after my wife those are my 3 favorite things in the world) rally. I haven't met people to ride with in Houston. Haven't been here that long (originally from Cincinnati). I was thinking about joining the local H.O.G. to see if anyone is making that run.

It's 490 miles. Wife can't go and is pretty adamant she doesn't want me to ride it alone. I was just wondering if anyone in Houston, San Antonio, Austin, or Dallas (heck, anywhere in the central/south east region of Texas) is going. I'd love to tag along. I generally prefer posted highway speeds when I'm riding. Nothing worse than riding with a group and they start going 80+ mph. It's cool if they want to do that but it's just not my thing. At my age I'd rather enjoy the scenery more than having a need for speed.

Anyway, don't want to bore you but I'd love to either put a group together or tag along with another group heading up there in September.

Old 07-19-2016 | 02:42 AM
94ruck
Road Captain

Not sure if we are going yet as we are heading to do the PCH in a few weeks. However, you can run up through Tyler and meander around to Talihena over to Mena Arkansas and up old highway 71. You will want to get your overnight plans made in advanced as it books up pretty quick. A bunch of rented a house for the weekend a few years back and it was a blast to ride out and around northern arkansas during the day and then into town for the festivities in the evening. good stuff