Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 09:01 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 21,691 Likes on 9,541 Posts

I have been sorting out bits and pieces for this summer. New electric jacket liner as the old one was not always working. Water proof gloves that where sorly missed on several occasions last summer. New water proof over boots as my other ones aren't anymore. I also bought an indoor/outdoor full cover that I will be taking.

The Low doesn't come with heated grips so they are on order and she only has one attena so I ordered another one so it looks balanced.

I am going down this afternoon to sign the papers! "It's mine all mine!!!! Hahahaha" (he said with a maniacal grin while rubbing his hands in a threatening manner)

Last edited by CanadianRocky; 03-17-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:06 AM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Which waterproof gloves did you end up with? Looking for a pair, also.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:41 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Passing Link Water Proof

There was another pair that was heavier and leather. But I did not like the way they felt on the grips, not enough feed back for me. They had more insulation on them, but I have heated grips so it is not an issue for me.

I have another pair of leather riding gloves that I will use most of the time, but these should help on cold days by keeping the wind off. Also i take my heavy winter skiing gloves, just in case it gets damn cold, and it did a few times on me last year when I saw it below freezing first thing in the morning. And I have a pair of perforated finger-less gloves to keep the sun off of my hands on hot sunny days.

I have been accused of taking too much stuff....lol. But I will get up in the morning and head out in the pouring rain, and wont stop because of it. So, I go prepared for that. I forgot my North Face down jacket (which I wear under my rain jacket and even my leather jacket) on my last trip in October and cursed that for about five days of the trip.

I hate being wet and cold.

"Waterproof. 100% polyester. Cowhide leather palm. Tricot lining. Ergonomic thumb. 45º pre-curved fingers. Gel-padded palm. Elastic wrist with cowhide leather roller buckle wrist strap. Single-hand bungee drawcord cuff. Rubber graphics."

I got the large size. I have size 8.5 and they fit very well. The straps are easy to work with the other glove if it is on as well as the pull cords to tighten them up, and they fit well over all three of my jackets, heavy riding jacket, light riding jacket and my rain jacket. Also, not that expensive. I paid about $90 CAN all in. They should be much less expensive in the US due to the US dollar being stronger, I would think.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:33 AM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks for the write up on those gloves. My ski gloves are ok, but a bit bulky and often too warm. Bought some of these to try when it's raining but not very cold. I think they'll be fine with my heated grips.
Lemorecn Wetsuits Gloves Scuba Premium Neoprene 1.5mm Diving Gloves Five Finger Glove (Blue, Large)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013UHL7L0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_eI1KMtoLCIB8X

Last edited by mtgriz; 03-18-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:19 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Inked the Paper on DarlaSquared today. April 5 th is target delivery date.

The following users liked this post:
Mikey 1450 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for posting, I enjoy reading about cross country trips and you pics were good also.

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Poppawhiskey
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Stopped into HD of the Koots on Friday and checked out your new ride. Very nice. I particularly like the pin striping and and am jealous of the fact that you got a low. You gonna be able to ride it in early April or park it for another few weeks?

Old 03-21-2017, 09:39 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by Poppawhiskey
Stopped into HD of the Koots on Friday and checked out your new ride. Very nice. I particularly like the pin striping and and am jealous of the fact that you got a low. You gonna be able to ride it in early April or park it for another few weeks?
I am very pleased with pin stripping also. And that the Harley logos are not raised Chrome bits, but look like they are painted. I am heading to the coast for a few weeks and will license and insure her the end of the first week of April. It was snowing like hell up here in Kimberly today.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:58 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

I went down and got a new tool today. My iPhone 7 with the dual camera lens. The keyboard is a bit bigger so more fat thumb friendly and there are a few options on it that will make it easier to edit text as I go along. I am afraid to hit them yet, in case the bitch decides those are the self destruct key.

I texted the shop today and the heated grips are installed, so she is just waiting for me to get home on Tuesday to license and ride. Until then, I am dog sitting. Raining like a bastard down here, he gets wet and cold, and I have to man up and ......

In the Rain Jacket. Nope, not spoiled at all....

Old 03-30-2017, 12:09 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

So I stepped it up a bit this year. I joined HD Forums as a club member. Not sure what that will give me yet, but I wanted to support the forum.

In case you did not see, I have been accepted to write for the Forum in the "How To's". I am just not sure how that will fit into my travels yet. I enjoyed posting to "Journeys" last year, and I am uncertain how that will fit in. Just this year I incorporated FaceBook, Instagram and Twitter into my company, and I am uncertain if I want to do that with my travels on Darla ... we will see.

I bought another tool yesterday .... a new lens for my DSLR, a 10 -18 zoom F4 which will make for wider shots. That will make a difference on picture quality.

Mark from Kootenay Harley, my dealer, said that my new Glide is ready. He said if they have time in the next few days, and the weather holds, they will take it over to my shop, drop it off inside and take my old one away. It will be nice to have her at "Home" when I get back on Monday.

I am chomping on the bite to get riding....

Very, very soon ... I will be stepping out with Darla2....

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....