Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 08:06 AM
Scorpio09SG
Road Captain
Received 413 Likes on 232 Posts

Sincere condolences Rocky. So sorry for your loss my friend.

Terry

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (04-08-2022)
Old 04-11-2022, 03:59 PM
soldierbot
Supporter
Received 103,235 Likes on 26,002 Posts

Condolences to you and your family. May Max rest in peace.

CanadianRocky (04-11-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 09:00 PM
harleytq
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky
Here Jeff… Let me stoke the fires for you for a bit..

https://youtu.be/Jkv0Z3_V54A
Rocky where was this ride? Love the small country roads, right up close to the mountains.
Might have to try to get up there, if they will let us in.lol

Old 04-13-2022, 03:41 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 21,699 Likes on 9,543 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytq
Rocky where was this ride? Love the small country roads, right up close to the mountains.
Might have to try to get up there, if they will let us in.lol
It’s what I call my Sunday loop… With coffee, lunch and picture stops… It’s a good 4 to 6 hour leisurely day…

“D” Is where the Bull River Inn is… Excellent place to stop for a hamburger and a beer…

harleytq (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 08:17 PM
harleytq
Cruiser

It’s what I call my Sunday loop… With coffee, lunch and picture stops… It’s a good 4 to 6 hour leisurely day…

“D” Is where the Bull River Inn is… Excellent place to stop for a hamburger and a beer…
Nice! I'm mapping it out already. what are all the other letters, places to stop?
So I would take Wardner Fort Steele Rd, to Bull River, then cut back to Ha Ha Creek Rd, 93, back to Cranbrook?

Last edited by harleytq; 04-13-2022 at 08:19 PM. Reason: wrong town
Old 04-13-2022, 08:34 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Nice! I'm mapping it out already. what are all the other letters, places to stop?
So I would take Wardner Fort Steele Rd, to Bull River, then cut back to Ha Ha Creek Rd, 93, back to Cranbrook?
The other points were just endpoints as I made the map with my phone and not on my computer… But Kimberly has a nice ice cream shop right on the corner Before you head towards Wasa.. As you get towards Wasa you can ride around the lake which is a nice short ride… As soon as you make the turn there is a beach on the right…Fort Steele, there’s a nice fort that you can go through which is fun, Give yourself a couple of hours if you go in… And as you head down the Fort Steele/Wardner Road, there’s an Esso gas station on the left where you can sit outside and have a cup of coffee… Just before the Bull River Inn, is a fish hatchery which is an interesting place to spend some time… Mayook is just a place on the Ha Ha Creek Road…

If you’re riding in from Creston … And do everything I mentioned… Including the ride back… your looking at 8 or 10 hours… It’s a whole day… I would suggest breakfast in Creston , an ice cream in Kimberly, coffee in Fort Steele, early supper at the Bull River Inn… Between Fort Steele and Bull River, there’s a little park on the left called Norbury Park & Pekams lake… Make sure you stop there… That little lake is the reason why I moved to Cranbrook in the first place… I’ll tell you the story sometime.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:28 PM
harleytq
Cruiser

The other points were just endpoints as I made the map with my phone and not on my computer… But Kimberly has a nice ice cream shop right on the corner Before you head towards Wasa.. As you get towards Wasa you can ride around the lake which is a nice short ride… As soon as you make the turn there is a beach on the right…Fort Steele, there’s a nice fort that you can go through which is fun, Give yourself a couple of hours if you go in… And as you head down the Fort Steele/Wardner Road, there’s an Esso gas station on the left where you can sit outside and have a cup of coffee… Just before the Bull River Inn, is a fish hatchery which is an interesting place to spend some time… Mayook is just a place on the Ha Ha Creek Road…

If you’re riding in from Creston … And do everything I mentioned… Including the ride back… your looking at 8 or 10 hours… It’s a whole day… I would suggest breakfast in Creston , an ice cream in Kimberly, coffee in Fort Steele, early supper at the Bull River Inn… Between Fort Steele and Bull River, there’s a little park on the left called Norbury Park & Pekams lake… Make sure you stop there… That little lake is the reason why I moved to Cranbrook in the first place… I’ll tell you the story sometime.
Not exactly sure on how we would get there yet, we are from Minnesota. North Dakota and Eastern Montana don't have much for scenic routes. Haven't even looked at the possibility of crossing the border earlier, is it worth it, to cross and ride, I guess its Canada Hwy 1 all the way to Calgary? I was going to ask you about the Creston to Revelstoke ride also, we could do that, I'm sure we would stop at Banff, then head down to Cranbrook/ Creston. Looks like you have to cross the water on a couple ferry's? How is it for finding hotels up that way? I suppose Cranbrook would have some. What kind of time does it take to go from Revelstoke to Cranbrook? Would that be a day or more, I'm sure there would be a few things to stop at and take pictures and stuff? Suppose we would have to stay somewhere up by Banff, cross over to Revelstoke maybe stay there the night? Then head south to Creston/Cranbrook? Then do your Sunday ride, the next day?

Old 04-13-2022, 09:31 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Not exactly sure on how we would get there yet, we are from Minnesota. North Dakota and Eastern Montana don't have much for scenic routes. Haven't even looked at the possibility of crossing the border earlier, is it worth it, to cross and ride, I guess its Canada Hwy 1 all the way to Calgary? I was going to ask you about the Creston to Revelstoke ride also, we could do that, I'm sure we would stop at Banff, then head down to Cranbrook/ Creston. Looks like you have to cross the water on a couple ferry's? How is it for finding hotels up that way? I suppose Cranbrook would have some. What kind of time does it take to go from Revelstoke to Cranbrook? Would that be a day or more, I'm sure there would be a few things to stop at and take pictures and stuff? Suppose we would have to stay somewhere up by Banff, cross over to Revelstoke maybe stay there the night? Then head south to Creston/Cranbrook? Then do your Sunday ride, the next day?
I will start the computer up tomorrow and I’ll craft you up a map and give you all the best roads… You would be able to do the ride in either direction.

harleytq (04-13-2022)
Old 04-14-2022, 12:14 PM
harleytq
Cruiser

I will start the computer up tomorrow and I’ll craft you up a map and give you all the best roads… You would be able to do the ride in either direction.
So I decided to check on crossing into Canada, we were always unsure, because we both had dwi’s 30 yrs or more ago. I was shocked to here Canada changed the DUI laws in 2018 making it tougher to visit if you have a DUI.
I read you can apply for some criminal rehabilitation thing, but not sure if that is, a for sure thing and what it would cost.
Man I was getting all excited about this trip, kinda bummed out, to find this out.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:25 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

So I decided to check on crossing into Canada, we were always unsure, because we both had dwi’s 30 yrs or more ago. I was shocked to here Canada changed the DUI laws in 2018 making it tougher to visit if you have a DUI.
I read you can apply for some criminal rehabilitation thing, but not sure if that is, a for sure thing and what it would cost.
Man I was getting all excited about this trip, kinda bummed out, to find this out.

“How Long Do You Have to Wait to Go to Canada After A DUI?

Right now, with no other criminal charges, the waiting period for anyone with a DUI conviction prior to December 18th, 2018 is 5 years with an application and 10 years without a formal application. The waiting period begins after their full sentencing requirements are completed. Any additional criminal charges will require the application for “criminal rehabilitation” be made.”

That is from Canada border services… You should be OK… But I would suggest you phone border services tell them your situation and find out from them exactly what the requirements are

Vernal (04-14-2022)

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....