Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 09:13 AM
mctraveler
Road Master
Received 321 Likes on 250 Posts

Rocky...thank you so much for the post....and the pics....it was just what i needed to be reminded that the ride and some degree of normalcy will return....thank you again

Old 03-30-2020, 09:17 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 21,699 Likes on 9,543 Posts

Originally Posted by mctraveler
Rocky...thank you so much for the post....and the pics....it was just what i needed to be reminded that the ride and some degree of normalcy will return....thank you again
Its a **** job, but somebody has to do it... lol.

Old 03-30-2020, 09:35 AM
Steve Mac
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A favoured loop... many thanks matey for sharing the ride through the photos and the words... the Nomad is still in hibernation, but her awakening is approaching... still snow up here on the ‘hill, as you could see from your photo overlooking Kimberley ski hill.

stay well, stay safe and enjoy as much as you can.

have a great one

Steve

Old 03-30-2020, 09:42 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by Steve Mac
A favoured loop... many thanks matey for sharing the ride through the photos and the words... the Nomad is still in hibernation, but her awakening is approaching... still snow up here on the ‘hill, as you could see from your photo overlooking Kimberley ski hill.

stay well, stay safe and enjoy as much as you can.

have a great one

Steve
Steve, must suck to be in that snow up there but not able to ski... I miss living there at times.

The following users liked this post:
Steve Mac (04-18-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 12:19 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Haven't posted in Journeys since the end of March, and the company has been in hibernation since then... waiting on the Government to restart Road Testing... we are ready to go, and once we start back up full time (doing a bit of work, but not enough to keep the wolf away from the door), we will hit the ground running... which means I cant go anywhere. Because I have to be here to orchastrate the re-spark and get it moving as smoothly as I can... Big Bend is off for the year, as well more than likely Sturgis... Not sure what rides I will do, but I am sure most of it will be later in the summer, and involve a lot of camping.

I got some new Tires for the Pan installed, but that is about it for the spring. I wont even put insurance on it for a while. I am toying with the idea of putting a Stage 2 torque kit into Darla, mostly for something to plan for and do. The thing is I don't really want to spend any coin, until I see the Revenue start coming back in the front door...

Welcome to The Great Wasteland of C-19...

kaycee944 (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 03:19 PM
westay
Road Master
Received 1,004 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky
Haven't posted in Journeys since the end of March, and the company has been in hibernation since then... waiting on the Government to restart Road Testing... we are ready to go, and once we start back up full time (doing a bit of work, but not enough to keep the wolf away from the door), we will hit the ground running... which means I cant go anywhere. Because I have to be here to orchastrate the re-spark and get it moving as smoothly as I can... Big Bend is off for the year, as well more than likely Sturgis... Not sure what rides I will do, but I am sure most of it will be later in the summer, and involve a lot of camping.

I got some new Tires for the Pan installed, but that is about it for the spring. I wont even put insurance on it for a while. I am toying with the idea of putting a Stage 2 torque kit into Darla, mostly for something to plan for and do. The thing is I don't really want to spend any coin, until I see the Revenue start coming back in the front door...

Welcome to The Great Wasteland of C-19...
so, if ya dont mind me askin, what xactly is it that you do?[besides take gr8 pics!! and go for gr8 rides that we all wish we could do.]

BinIdaho (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 03:48 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by westay
so, if ya dont mind me askin, what xactly is it that you do?[besides take gr8 pics!! and go for gr8 rides that we all wish we could do.]
thanks for the compliments. I own a truck driving school, but my crew mostly takes care of it now. I had to step back in for A while to take care of some things, and then C-19 popped up, so now I’m just waiting to get The company back to work full-time

BinIdaho (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 04:05 PM
westay
Road Master
Received 1,004 Likes on 587 Posts

i entered a local driver training school here near memphis. already passed the written test plus the hazmat addition. first day dot physical the physicians assistant said i had a hernia. surgeon said i dont sooooo i wasted 2300 buckeroos!!!![money that i had for the school i had to use for ct scan,[not cheap]. so i lost all that time and trouble plus all that money because of that physicians assistant. needless to say i am STILL pissed about it!!! obtw, this happened last year in april so yeah still pissed.

Last edited by westay; 05-17-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 04:08 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by westay
i entered a local driver training school here near memphis. already passed the written test plus the hazmat addition. first day dot physical the physicians assistant said i had a hernia. surgeon said i dont sooooo i wasted 2300 buckeroos!!!![money that i had for the school i had to use for ct scan,[not cheap]. so i lost all that time and trouble plus all that money because of that physicians assistant. needless to say i am STILL pissed about it!!! obtw, this happened last year in april so yeah still pissed.
I bet... we always recommend to students to get the physical first, before they commit, so there is no reason not to take the training or the Road Test.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:48 PM
jeffro09
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,461 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Nice to hear from you Rocky. I hope things get back to normal for all of us, soon.

The following 2 users liked this post by jeffro09:
CanadianRocky (05-17-2020), westay (05-23-2020)

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....