Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 02:39 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 21,699 Likes on 9,543 Posts

Rode up to Marysville for a coffee at the Koffee Kan. Great place with a nice patio... and they even charged my phone.... great people.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:56 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

A nice Panhead day.... coffee, then went to the power wash and knocked off the worst of the grease.... I still use that WD 40 spray on grease remover and it works like a damn, it takes grungy chrome and makes it look new, with absolutely NO elbow grease.... then lunch, and a short run up towards Kimberly.... coffee and then back towards home.... turned at the old Wycliffe road and came home through the St Mary reserve.

About halfway between Kimberly and Cranbrook is the old Airport Road... a nice piece of twisty that I have reported on before....

..about halfway down that road is the new Airport road. I went a bit of the way up to get this shot. that’s the Rocky Mountains, the peak middle left is Fischer Peak, a days hike up and down with a bit of a scramble at the top. The Stanley Cup was taken up there when some of the local boys who where in the NHL where on the winning team. the ridge to the South is Steeples Ridge. you have seen it up close with both Deckers and the Pan in front of it. below the Steeples is Peckams lake.

The following 2 users liked this post by CanadianRocky:
MajorKG (07-14-2019), Steve Mac (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 07:49 PM
Steve Mac
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky
Day tripper, Day tripper, yeah

Sunday, Sunday..Sunday....
Thats my plan for next weekend, although I’ll probably look to find a place to camp on the 40 somewhere... I realise it can be a one dayer, I just fancy a night under the stars and I’ve never done the 40 on a bike... so it’s one I intend to soak up.

saw you today on the strip by the days inn on the pan... I was tail-end protection on the riding school as we headed to the heritage.

stay well, Rocky, good to see you out and about on the pan... saw Darla outside your office as we took the guys across the tracks.

Steve

Old 07-14-2019, 08:24 PM
DeanerAT
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rocky, was great meeting you yesterday, we had a great ride, back home now safe and sound....

Old 07-14-2019, 08:24 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 778 Likes on 501 Posts

Great pictures as usual.

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 08:36 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Hey Steve.... ya I saw the school, good on ya helping out.... I think you where on the cruiser, but what went through my mind was “Who the hell is learning on that?”.... lol... there is a motorcycle event over at Toad Rock next weekend, I am considering taking the Pan to that... but if not, that rounder sounds fun.... let’s talk about that later this week ..... The Pan is running very well, but she needs tires.... I ordered some but stepped back while I looked closer ..... and saw by the code on my he tires they are 16+ years old and the compound is hard as hell, so they would be terrible in the rain.... I need to get on that soon.. as I am considering taking it to Sturgis, but that is up in the air..... let’s find some time for coffee.

The following users liked this post:
Steve Mac (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 08:37 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by DeanerAT
Hey Rocky, was great meeting you yesterday, we had a great ride, back home now safe and sound....
Good to hear.... you run through Vernon, if so, how’s the road?

Old 07-14-2019, 09:10 PM
Steve Mac
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Steve.... ya I saw the school, good on ya helping out.... I think you where on the cruiser, but what went through my mind was “Who the hell is learning on that?”.... lol... there is a motorcycle event over at Toad Rock next weekend, I am considering taking the Pan to that... but if not, that rounder sounds fun.... let’s talk about that later this week ..... The Pan is running very well, but she needs tires.... I ordered some but stepped back while I looked closer ..... and saw by the code on my he tires they are 16+ years old and the compound is hard as hell, so they would be terrible in the rain.... I need to get on that soon.. as I am considering taking it to Sturgis, but that is up in the air..... let’s find some time for coffee.
Sounds like a plan, Always up for a coffee.
Wednesdays are good days for me.
ill look on here and see if there’s a way to message you... give you my number / email.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:32 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by Steve Mac
Sounds like a plan, Always up for a coffee.
Wednesdays are good days for me.
ill look on here and see if there’s a way to message you... give you my number / email.
Check your private messages..... up on the top right

Old 07-16-2019, 06:36 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,948 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Damn Rocky, this picture right here should be in a Harley Davidson ad.......

The following 3 users liked this post by LoneBone:
crazytown (07-26-2019), MajorKG (07-25-2019), TiRider (07-21-2019)

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....