Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 10:52 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 21,678 Likes on 9,537 Posts

2017 Electra Glide Ultra Low.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:32 PM
ironheaddave
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=CanadianRocky2;15149034]Yesterday we hung around Harley and bought some riding gear. I got a set of chaps. I have never had them before but now after 7 hours in the saddle I can see why people like them. Today I rode from Kelowna back to Cranbrook. Beautiful sunny day, but still cool when your moving.

Wow!

Nice bike and some great pictures. I wish they would let me back into Canada. Working on getting back in. Lot of great scenery and endless highways.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:44 PM
ironheaddave
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
They trained the Apolo Astronauts that went to the Moon here. They had different vehicles though...

Craters of the Moon? I remember that place well. Stayed at the campground.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:01 AM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Well I just want to say "Thank you" for taken the time to take and post all the pictures and recap your daily adventures and letting us join you on "The Journeys of "Darla".

And congratulations on "Darla II". What a machine!

Old 09-16-2016, 06:31 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

[QUOTE=ironheaddave;15516113]
Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
Yesterday we hung around Harley and bought some riding gear. I got a set of chaps. I have never had them before but now after 7 hours in the saddle I can see why people like them. Today I rode from Kelowna back to Cranbrook. Beautiful sunny day, but still cool when your moving.

Wow!

Nice bike and some great pictures. I wish they would let me back into Canada. Working on getting back in. Lot of great scenery and endless highways.

I have never taken the Ice Bus tour, but I know that area well. There is a campground just south of the Ice Fields I like to stay at. It's about 6,500 feet in elevation and I have woken up with snow on the tent.

The following users liked this post:
ironheaddave (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 06:54 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by jdw1
Well I just want to say "Thank you" for taken the time to take and post all the pictures and recap your daily adventures and letting us join you on "The Journeys of "Darla".

And congratulations on "Darla II". What a machine!
Thanks. I will be parking Darla in a couple of weeks, as I have that trip to California coming up the first two weeks of October and she is due for tires and brake pads. I will let the new owner make those decisions. Nice thing is I will be giving it to the shop and they can store it until they sell it. They need to order Darla ll so it could be several months before I see her. I am kind of hoping it all comes together about March 1st. This year I had my Bonneville out in early February as I ride as early in the year as I can.

I will be getting the two tone blue, putting the same style bag rails on it as Darla has, the water bottles on the leg guards as the water was very handy on hot days to keep hydrated, chrome wheels for ease of maintenance, and of course, my coffe cup holder. They moved the cruise button to the left hand, so now I will be able to drink coffee and adjust the speed at the same time (I am not going to say this was the main point of trading up........).

They have a 2016 Ultra Low in the shop so I got to I got to sit on one and it fits perfect. Mark, a good friend who is the sales guy, says he rode a 2017 with the M8 motor and it makes about the same power stock as my Twin Cam with a stage 1 so I won't be doing any motor work. More than enough power for me.

And oh ya .... I got 4 of those Electra Glide fender badges, so the Ultra ones will be coming off, and Darla ll will also be an "Electra Glide".

Old 09-16-2016, 07:01 AM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Sounds great! FYI, if your new Ultra is not a low it will sit a little higher and have a different seat, just so you know!

Old 09-16-2016, 07:06 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

The one I sat on, a 2016, in my street shoes has about 1/2 inch lower heel hight than my 09. So with my riding boots my feet should be flat in a seating position I think.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:58 PM
nickthecanuck
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey Rocky are you a fairly short guy? My dad bought a '16 Ultra Limited Low, and it is pretty compact. After riding it, it almost felt a little too close together, but I'm sure a guy would get used to it. I'm 5'7" and it was nice to be able to flat-foot a bike for once!

Old 09-16-2016, 10:01 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

I am also 5'7". And I think the fit will work for me.

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....