Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 10:17 PM
lmar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,073 Likes on 2,055 Posts

Hey Rocky, sorry to hear about your daughter. I’m sending prayers your way. I too believe that family must come first and especially when our children are in need of care and support.
I hope when the time is right you get back to your love of touring. I will be thinking about you and daughter.

Larry

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (04-21-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 10:38 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 21,700 Likes on 9,543 Posts

Originally Posted by lmar
Hey Rocky, sorry to hear about your daughter. I’m sending prayers your way. I too believe that family must come first and especially when our children are in need of care and support.
I hope when the time is right you get back to your love of touring. I will be thinking about you and daughter.

Larry
Thanks Larry..... working on all the above.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:58 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 416 Likes on 270 Posts

Rocky
I am looking at 200 pages on the journey. I don't think you could be "one of those guys". Stop bye the Journey from time to time and let us know how you and your daughter are doing. Your trips have inspired my couple of trips I could get away for and got me trying to take pictures. You and Adrienne will be in my prayers. Btw love the picture with her and Atlas.
Eddy

CanadianRocky (04-21-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 07:06 AM
MajorKG
Stellar HDF Member

Received 615 Likes on 421 Posts

Rocky, you are certainly doing the right thing, always, family first. That being said you will be missed, prayers for you and your daughter.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Zedbra
Road Warrior
Received 908 Likes on 503 Posts

You have your priorities straight, good on you Rocky. Take care of your child and be the father and love she needs. Children come first. Always.

If you need a break and need some wind therapy for yourself, you can come on up to Squamish one weekend and take my RG for a spin to Whis and back. I do that almost daily after work and the wind therapy is always good for dad.

The following 2 users liked this post by Zedbra:
5wheels (04-24-2019), CanadianRocky (04-22-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 06:39 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Update..... I drove down and back to Vancouver this last weekend (one full day down, four days there, one full day back.... its about a 9 to 11 hour drive each way, traffic permitting)..... Adrienne is doing worse each time I see her.... the pain she feels from Fybromyalgia is exasperated by stress.... when I get there, I am basically doing damage control from the last time I was there ..... I can help her recover from the stress induced situation when i am there, because the person who lives with her is causing much of the stress, and is not in the apartment when I am there, they leave..... and there is nothing I can do about that living situation (I am doing my very best to keep my mouth shut on this, in here, and when i am with her) but every time I go down, it becomes more clear that I need to move to the coast as soon as I can, which is this time next year, all things being equal and with getting all my ducks in order. I have booked a week off a month this summer.... so with the weekends on each side, I will have 10 days available to travel if she needs me there.

It took me two full days of "work" to get her stress down and back into a state of comfort (by comfort, I mean the pain is somewhat lessened, not gone or significantly reduced) ..... her and I talked on the phone today and she said she had a good day yesterday and today.... Sunday I took her out to Earls and her and I ate and got somewhat tipsy.... that was good for her, and me also.....It was so wonderful to listen to her laugh.

This is harder on me that I am willing to admit. I am so focused on her and work, I forget some of the things I have done..... I completely forgot that I put plates and insurance on the Pan in the middle of last month, I had to go down to the dealership to day and actually look at the back of the bike to make sure it was.... if it was not for my office Manager, Tammy, I would be in a state of turmoil, she keeps the boat afloat.... and the boys out back are keeping that part of the operation on track.

Both bikes are at the dealership right now. I am going to fetch the Pan tomorrow and take it to the shop and clean it up. There is a show and shine at the local HD shop this weekend, and I want to take it there all sparking as there will be a good crowd present. As I have a plate on it I will ride it until it sells.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:17 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Something from the archives.....

Craters of The Moon .... ‘016

The following 2 users liked this post by CanadianRocky:
fireman031967 (04-25-2019), glideridemike (04-24-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 07:44 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Rocky, since you are sharing, curious have you said why she cannot move up to where you live.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:03 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
Rocky, since you are sharing, curious have you said why she cannot move up to where you live.
Her Doctors and other medical support team are there and she needs to be in constant contact with them. Also, her friends live there and she needs to be around them for support. The weather is also a big factor..... It is more mild at the coast. .... When we balance out all the issues it makes the most sense for her to stay there. Also, I have wanted to move back to Vancouver for a long time.

5wheels (04-24-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 08:33 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky
Her Doctors and other medical support team are there and she needs to be in constant contact with them. Also, her friends live there and she needs to be around them for support. The weather is also a big factor..... It is more mild at the coast. .... When we balance out all the issues it makes the most sense for her to stay there. Also, I have wanted to move back to Vancouver for a long time.
OK,win-win then.

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....