Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 09:22 AM
Scorpio09SG
Road Captain
Received 413 Likes on 232 Posts

Well sorry to hear your riding season has been less than desirable. That really sucks but I suppose not much you can do about the smoke out your way.
Hopefully next summer will be better for you and everyone out there.

We are off to Milwaukee next week for 6 days to attend the 115th. Us plus two other couples and hopefully the sun gods will shine on us.
Will post some pics of the event when we return.

Take care my friend!

Cheers, Terry

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (08-25-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,213 Likes on 3,428 Posts

The smoke from the BC wildfires has often made for crappy riding here in Alberta as well. Couple of days ago a buddy and I did a short run to the Alberta badlands and encountered smoke all the way.

It's plainly visible in this shot at Horse Thief Canyon near Drumheller AB

Old 08-25-2018, 03:55 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 21,699 Likes on 9,543 Posts

I am down at the Harley shop for a cup of coffee. I have the Pan with me and of course it draws out a few conversation. A young woman and her Uncle stop by, him on his early 80’s Gold Wing and here on a new Indian scout. She asks me if it is ok if she can take a pic of the Pan. I said give me a minute and took the helmet and Jacket off of the bars ..... I then said Hop On. She said Really? So she sits on it, gets a few shots and is pretty happy ..... so then I said Start her up. She really gets into it ...... so I talk her through kicking it correctly and the sequence ..... 10 or so kicks later she fires the Pan up. .... we shut it down and she does it again. One very happy young woman. I get her to sit behind me for a pict for me.

My my new friend Valerie......

Last edited by CanadianRocky; 08-25-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:10 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

So, I am heading to the Beach on Monday, and my riding season lasts until then. I have been riding the eGlide down to Cranny and the Pan around town, but I need to load my truck up on Sunday. One last ride on both on Saturday and they go into hibernation. I probably won’t be back until Mid November so the insurance gets pulled on DarlaDecker, but DarlaPan will stay active just incase I get back for a quick trip.

It was a nice ride down down this morning.... cold and crisp clean air.

For Rodger .... Sunrise over The Rocky Mountains

Old 09-01-2018, 06:44 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Spectacular

CanadianRocky (09-01-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 05:50 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Ok, that’s a wrap for me this year. I am still having a problem with DarlaGlides clutch, so she is in the shop. I pulled the Insurance off of her and once she gets fixed and serviced she is going Into hibernation. I took DarlaPan out today for one more ride around town then put her into storage also.

I am gone until mid November so expect to see snow on the ground when I get back.

It was a short season and I just did not get out enough. I spent a lot of time re-tasking the Company & Crew and I got it more where I want it. We add onto our office/class room in November doubling our space. All new offices for the Office Manager (she won’t have to share with my Darla’s), the crew out back get a bigger office and a staging area for the Students, another bathroom, and most importantly a dedicated classroom. I want the get into more commercial work and add another full time Instructor & Office person. Working towards an expected expansion in the Industry.

I also get a ManCave out of the deal. As to riding, There is always next year. And with all the plans coming into play I should be able to put that into play.

I do wish I could have made a bigger dent in “The Memorial Pictures” and that is my only real regret.

Heres a shot. I am heading to “The Beach” on Monday to help my daughter for 10 weeks, and have some serious Atlas lap time.

Last edited by CanadianRocky; 09-01-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:47 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 416 Likes on 270 Posts

haven't rode as much as I wanted this year either but my season isn't over yet. I can ride a little most of the year. Better luck next year look forward to reading about it.

CanadianRocky (09-01-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,296 Likes on 6,040 Posts

holy crap!!! I read the first few at the start, but did not get back in for some reason..... First thank you for doing this. Pretty noble and thoughtful of you.... I got teary eyed on a few pics and comments. I surely would not have any regrets about not hitting all those you wanted to. Gives you damned good reason to start again next year!!! Sorry your season is done as well. I have a Legion function (our annual 9-11 Hero's Run) Tuesday, and we have Veterans Day parade we ride. Otherwise weekend jaunts, ride to work, and enjoy until mid-November!!! Lucky me!!!
Regardless....great threat. Good Job. and I promise (myself anyhow) to pay better attention next year!!!
Thank you!!!

Old 09-11-2018, 09:22 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by Spartanden
holy crap!!! I read the first few at the start, but did not get back in for some reason..... First thank you for doing this. Pretty noble and thoughtful of you.... I got teary eyed on a few pics and comments. I surely would not have any regrets about not hitting all those you wanted to. Gives you damned good reason to start again next year!!! Sorry your season is done as well. I have a Legion function (our annual 9-11 Hero's Run) Tuesday, and we have Veterans Day parade we ride. Otherwise weekend jaunts, ride to work, and enjoy until mid-November!!! Lucky me!!!
Regardless....great threat. Good Job. and I promise (myself anyhow) to pay better attention next year!!!
Thank you!!!
Your welcome. It was an enjoyable summer, albeit a short one. I enjoyed doing the dedications this year and it will be my focus for the foreseeable future. I will be popping home at the end of the month for a week so I should be able to get in a couple of short hops on the Pan, but the eGlide is tucked in for the winter. I want a good 4 week ride next summer, but that depends on some work and personal issues. Enjoy the rest of the riding season, it will end too quickly.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:21 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 416 Likes on 270 Posts

Hey Rocky
Did you ever get to the bottom of the clutch problem?

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....