Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Journeys of Darla ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:49 AM
Yazeed
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Really helpful and tremendous pics and tips from you thank you so much. would like to get an advise from you for my next US trip and maybe 7-10 days harley rental. i already covered california - colorado - zion national park and AZ. I'm thinking of either east or north west what do you recommend ? specially from scenic majority stand point and what the best time for each of them to ride. a lot of questions sorry.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:04 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 21,701 Likes on 9,543 Posts

Originally Posted by Yazeed
Really helpful and tremendous pics and tips from you thank you so much. would like to get an advise from you for my next US trip and maybe 7-10 days harley rental. i already covered california - colorado - zion national park and AZ. I'm thinking of either east or north west what do you recommend ? specially from scenic majority stand point and what the best time for each of them to ride. a lot of questions sorry.
I have never riden in the he East. I could map out a good ride in the North West for you, but 7/10 days will just scratch the surface. Not sure where you can Rent in Seatle, but you could Run Seattle to Yellowstone and back in 10 days. Via Glacier, Beartooth Pass, The Tetons, Hells Canyon and a bunch of other 5 Star roads. But plan on 12 hr days, day after day. And don't do it until July earliest. A bunch of the passes don't open until mid to late June. August would be best.

The following users liked this post:
Yazeed (10-10-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Accidentally ran into this thread about a month ago and I've kept up with your travels a few pages a day ever since. I've loved every page of it and it has been a great early morning coffee read while at work. I've really enjoyed living vicariously through you. It would be great if you have your maps from your rides archived so you could share them with all of us! Again, Thank you for taking the time to document your travels.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:20 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by Almostinvincible119
Accidentally ran into this thread about a month ago and I've kept up with your travels a few pages a day ever since. I've loved every page of it and it has been a great early morning coffee read while at work. I've really enjoyed living vicariously through you. It would be great if you have your maps from your rides archived so you could share them with all of us! Again, Thank you for taking the time to document your travels.
Thanks for the compliments! I am doing better with the maps. Unfortunately I won't t get much more riding in this year. Maybe a day here and there, but there was a touch snow on my car this morning. Both bikes are in my ManCave, which doubles as the reception area of the front office.....they make me take one outside when the front staff wants to work.....

Old 10-13-2017, 08:59 AM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm not familiar with this "snow" that you speak of. You mean there's a time of year that you can't ride a bike?

And there is the trade off
-I live in shitty Florida and ride 100% of the year, but all the roads are flat and straight.
-You live in the northwest where you're cut short of riding, but the views and roads are beyond magnificent.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:42 AM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
..they make me take one outside when the front staff wants to work.....
[/IMG]
How inconsiderate!

Old 10-13-2017, 10:54 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by AtticusFinch
How inconsiderate!
I know...Right??

Old 10-13-2017, 10:56 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by Almostinvincible119
I'm not familiar with this "snow" that you speak of. You mean there's a time of year that you can't ride a bike?

And there is the trade off
-I live in shitty Florida and ride 100% of the year, but all the roads are flat and straight.
-You live in the northwest where you're cut short of riding, but the views and roads are beyond magnificent.
This morning....

Old 10-13-2017, 08:06 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 535 Likes on 460 Posts

I enjoyed your pictures up until now. Hopefully I won't see those white flakes for at least 2 more months.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:09 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 778 Likes on 501 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
This morning....

Damn you can keep that white stuff out there in the mountains for another month.

Quick Reply: The Journeys of Darla ....