Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

"Other bike" riders

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Joe Mc
Banned
Received 230 Likes on 117 Posts

Understood.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:04 AM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

I often strike up a conversation with guys on bikes when we're at the gas station together. I've only been treated rudely buy one guy. He was on a Harley and acting all tough. It was the most immature and rude conduct I've seen since junior high. Maybe it was because I was in full Clark Griswold hauling the family across the country in the truckster mode. I wonder if he would have treated me differently if I had been on my Road King.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Joe Mc
Banned

Originally Posted by AtticusFinch
I often strike up a conversation with guys on bikes when we're at the gas station together. I've only been treated rudely buy one guy. He was on a Harley and acting all tough. It was the most immature and rude conduct I've seen since junior high. Maybe it was because I was in full Clark Griswold hauling the family across the country in the truckster mode. I wonder if he would have treated me differently if I had been on my Road King.
Unfortunately a lot of folks treat Harley riders as if they are all like the ******* mentioned in the above post. At times I'm sheepish to admit that I ride a Harley because of the way these 'posers' act.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:24 PM
switchglide12
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have both 2014 Harley Ultra Limited and 2014 BMW R1200GS. When I am on my BMW I run in to HD *******s, they think riding HD makes them better then everyone else. If you start conversation they just walk away pretend they didn't hear you. When I am on my HD same ***** wants to be my friend I don't get it.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:53 AM
Hraefn
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I am working (in a not very serious way) on a humorous taxonomy for motorcyclists...not sure how it will all end up, but some sure-fire categories are:

High-Viz Euro-Bikers -- Probably riding a BMW or Triumph with hard metal panniers...always wearing a lime-green or similar safety vest.

ADV Wannabes -- As above, but the bike has never been washed...or taken out of the suburbs. The vest is optional.

Power Rangers -- Paint job on Japanese sport bike matches perfectly with head-to-toe riding suit...footgear (sneakers/boots) is the only variable.

Land Pirates -- ride Harley Davidsons and dress accordingly...get-back whips are optional.

Biker Chicks -- hard to pigeon-hole but always interesting...

Clearly this needs a lot of work....

Old 03-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Joe Mc
Banned

You are off to a good start.

The following users liked this post:
Hraefn (03-12-2016)
Old 03-12-2016, 08:18 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraefn
Land Pirates -- ride Harley Davidsons and dress accordingly...get-back whips are optional.
I don't really get the comparison between the typical Harley garb and that of a pirate but ...

Attached Thumbnails "Other bike" riders-photo109.jpg   "Other bike" riders-photo795.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Hraefn (03-12-2016)
Old 03-13-2016, 07:41 AM
rossn2
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
I've noticed a lot of BMW riders who don't sit. They stand on their pegs...guess the seats aren't very comfortable.
Most sport bike riders don't wave, even when the other rider initiates the wave.
Trying riding around NH and see how many people throw you a wave...

Old 03-13-2016, 08:27 AM
Joe Mc
Banned

Originally Posted by rossn2
Trying riding around NH and see how many people throw you a wave...
Like I said before it is because of the Harley riders who pose and make real ******** of themselves so most folks assume we are all like that. Some of the performances I've seen in Laconia, Daytona, Sturgis give credence to the above fact.
I find that when there is no biker related event the folks treat you better. There are still the haters but less of them.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:48 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
European hemorrhoids,,,very painful !

Think we're giving them the finger but have arthritis.

You sir made my day, thank you!

Quick Reply: "Other bike" riders