Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Lodging in NW Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015 | 05:24 PM
just plain john
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Lodging in NW Arkansas

Taking a week to go from Houston to NW Arkansas in July. I'm looking for recommendations for lodging for the week that I'm there. Any suggestions from folks that have stayed there?

Old 02-03-2015 | 05:43 PM
Trial dog
Tourer

Are you planning on staying in one location and if so do you know where?

Old 02-03-2015 | 08:07 PM
road king Q
Road Master

big area?

Eureka Springs makes a good base. The Lodge. reasonable. Good folks. Bike friendly. No breakfast but a place next door. A mile or so from historic downtown. Great rides just out of town

Last edited by road king Q; 02-04-2015 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-03-2015 | 08:12 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

Hampton INN Harrison Ark.

Old 02-03-2015 | 08:29 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

I think you will find there are three camps -

Eureka Springs (my personal choice)

Harrison

Hot Springs.

Either way you will be in the heart of great riding.

To answer your query, when I'm not staying with family in the area, I stay at the Land O Nod in Eureka Springs. Clean, reasonable, nice folks, and close to everything.

Be aware - there are a lot of rallies and so forth in that area. Best to book early. When are you going?

Old 02-04-2015 | 04:14 AM
just plain john
|
Elite HDF Member

I expect to arrive July 5 and stay through the 9th. The closest I've been is Morrilton, but that was in my youth and I haven't been back in 40+ years. I appreciate the replies.

Old 02-04-2015 | 04:54 AM
just plain john
|
Elite HDF Member

Anyone ever stay at The Hub in Harrison? They advertise as a biker resort.

Old 02-04-2015 | 06:53 AM
Trial dog
Tourer

One thing to consider is what you will be doing in the evenings. Harrison is well located but Eureka has a lot more watering holes and some pretty decent live music downtown, at least on weekends. You stay in one of the hotels/motels like the one mentioned by Nevada72 and get a limo to pick you up and drop you off etc. Last time I did this it was $5.00 a head from the motel to downtown and well worth it (not a dress up fancy type limo ride, just old limos they use for weddings etc. - a lot of weddings are held in the area). Once downtown you can easily walk from bar to bar or restaurant to restaurant, call limo back and for $10 and a tip your back safe and sound. For its size and location Eureka has a lot going on, bike rallies, car shows, live entertainment etc. It would be my choice for a home base.

Old 02-04-2015 | 06:53 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by just plain john
Anyone ever stay at The Hub in Harrison? They advertise as a biker resort.
If you are looking for a hotel recommendation such as "The Hub" you may want to search the forum. There's a ton of information related to riding and hotel lodging in NW Arkansas.

When I was looking for Eureka Springs cabin recommendation I did the forum search and found many hotel recommendations but very few cabin recommendations.

After getting only a few personally cabin recommendations I decided to just go outside the forum and search other websites.

After a month of searching we chose a cabin and booked it last month.

I will say after booking lodging in the Black Hills I was pleasantly surprises by how much a bargain NW Arkansas is.

I would think if you're just looking for a place to lay your head you should find a decent hotel that's available for a few more months.
But if you want some place specific, you probably need to book it soon.

Last edited by Bluraven; 02-04-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-04-2015 | 07:06 AM
road king Q
Road Master

towns like Clinton, Morrilton, Clarksville, Ozark, Mena, Booneville.... and such can be way cheaper in prime tourist season. Some are dry counties. Very nice indy hotels as well as super 8s and such.

All in what you want

Quick Reply: Lodging in NW Arkansas