Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

West Los Angeles County

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:10 AM
danl
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default West Los Angeles County

Yesterday I was lucky to hit Mulholland Hwy west off of 23. Made the right on Little Sycamore cyn ( Yerba Buena rd) at PCH where it drops off at Neptunes Net. I've lived here most of my life and first time on it, what a shame! I highly recommend it ( there's some rough pavement ) but it's a nice slow vista rich ride. We had Off shores blowing so you you see Catalina, San Nicholas and Santa Barbara Islands to the South and the Channels to the West.
If you live in the LA area or are visiting just a cool little off the beaten path road.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:17 PM
SlackMason
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just drove through there a couple days ago! I picked up a lady friend intending a trip up to solvang for her birthday. wanted to take PCH up to the 101, but ended up getting turned around just past Neptune's Net due to rock slide/road closure.
They really don't have that detour marked very well! I took up Decker Canyon got talked into taking a left at mullhuland Highway and dropped back down onto PCH! turned around and went back up it through to the 101, made it to Solvang and OstrichLand with time to spare!

You gotta be on your game for decker canyon, those twisties are tight! I kept scraping the tailpipe on the right hand turns!

Old 01-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

That is a nice ride. I come from the south but have ridden that road numerous times. Next time check out Deer Creek and ride Mullholland west all the way until Kanaan Rd. Right on Kanaan down to PCH right on PCH. Right on Encinal Canyon left on Mullholland again and back down to PCH. There are lots of great roads out there.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:37 PM
danl
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SlackMason
I just drove through there a couple days ago! I picked up a lady friend intending a trip up to solvang for her birthday. wanted to take PCH up to the 101, but ended up getting turned around just past Neptune's Net due to rock slide/road closure.
They really don't have that detour marked very well! I took up Decker Canyon got talked into taking a left at mullhuland Highway and dropped back down onto PCH! turned around and went back up it through to the 101, made it to Solvang and OstrichLand with time to spare!

You gotta be on your game for decker canyon, those twisties are tight! I kept scraping the tailpipe on the right hand turns!
Hope you took San Marcos pass over to Solvang and stopped at Cold Springs tavern..
You could spend all day going up and down canyons from PCH starting at Topanga and working West ( North)...