Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
Old 07-25-2023, 03:33 PM
GreatestEva
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22 Nightster problems

Originally Posted by Myers92
Purchased the bike less than a month ago. 2022 Harley Nightster RH975T with 6 miles on it.

I rode the bike under normal conditions in Mesa, Arizona. A week after I purchased the bike and less than 100 miles of riding, I experienced a no start condition. I went to leave work one and the bike wouldn’t crank to start. I could flip the ignition switch on (key fob start no key) and attempt to press the start button. Absolutely nothing would happen when you pressed the button on top of the ignition switch to start it. I changed the battery in the key fob just to make sure it wasn’t that, it didn’t change anything.

I contacted the dealership I purchased the bike from, they promptly picked it up and took it back to the dealership. They called me the next day and told me the bike was ready to be picked up. When I picked the bike up the service manager advised me that the no start condition, along with 11 DTC’s were caused bike a lose connection going to one of the modules on the bike and they fixed the issue by simply reconnecting the plug(s) and re routing the wiring harness to help prevent the issue from happening again.

I took the bike home that day and continued to ride it for another week following that issue. Less than 9 days after the original incident occurred, I went to leave work and the bike wouldn’t start. (Less than 200 miles on the bike still at this point). I immediately contacted the dealership again, explained it was the same issue again. (Had the contact the GM of the dealership I purchased the bike from because I wasn’t able to contact anyone in the service department after several attempts for the entire day following the bike not starting again)

The dealership picked up the bike the following day (the same day I was able to contact the GM of the dealership about the problem with the bike)

I’m putting this information on here, asking if anyone else has recently purchased a 22’ Nightster recently and wondering if they have experienced any issues like this.

It’s now been 4 days since the dealership has picked up the bike for the second time for the same issues and no one from the dealership has even attempted to contact me to update me on the condition of the bike.

any advice or information would be very helpful, thank you.
I also purchased a 22 Nightster brand new 0 miles. Had to have the dealership pick it up because it wouldnt start one day. Only 1k miles, battery good, oil change all good. After they looked at it, told me the push starter button was broken. They needed to order a new part and would take 10 to 15 business days. Rarely ride it, only literally 1k miles. How the push start button can be broken after rare use is ridiculous. Not to mention that they recalled the handlebars due to poor welding and " a chance of braking off while riding" is beyond me. Need a class action law suit in my opinion. Buying a brand new Harley so I wouldnt have to deal with anh issues. Hope this helps somebody.

Old 11-23-2023, 08:40 AM
Gnielly
Stage IV
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So far my 2022 Nightster picked up with 0miles and now has 500mi has been completely reliable, fun fast little bike. 🤞🏼

Old 12-05-2023, 05:29 PM
PBlomme
Novice
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sold the Nightster

After so many issues I ended up selling my 2022 Harley Nightster. Just turned 8000km. Still a year left in warranty. Between it shutting off in mid turn twice, having it go from 130 km to 100km up on the highway without warning, leaving cars scrambling to not hit me. Countless times it just wouldn't start and had to be trailored back to the dealer. Last issue was getting stranded at 11:30 at night on a dark country road by myself. Bike has been re wired, all new sensors, battery. Last issue they said it was the fob....nope
I called Blackbridge multiple times requesting money back, e mailed several times, several people, texted the store manager and went in person. No one would talk to me about it.
Several attempts to sell found different Harleys saying they already have to many, and other dealers saying they have heard of the issues with the bike and don't want anything to do with it.
I have called OMVIC, posted reviews, and added posts to any motorcycle chat group I can. I also called head office.
The manager of Blackbridge did call at one point after I sent a Canada wide e mail to every Harley manager letting them know what their competition is like. She promised to fight for a new bike or a fair value buy back. Then nothing from that point on. She ghosted me.
I ended up selling it at a $12k loss just to get rid of it. If you want a new bike stay away from Blackbridge Harley. Quick to take your money, but when there are safety issues you get crickets.