22 nightster RH975T starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 10:07 PM
Axel2261
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won’t start now…lol

Originally Posted by Axel2261
I just had a different experience with my bran new Nightster. While driving all my warning lights started flashing even my headlights were flashing engine also shut down and almost instantly restarted itself. Very scary when it happened going down a freeway. Stopped on the side off the road turn it off and on seems to work better until same thing happened. I made it home but everything is lighting up like Christmas lights. Dealership opens tomorrow so I’ll be there when they open now I just hope it turns on if not I learned how to get it started from this thread so thank you all for sharing. So far I have 900 miles when this happened to me. Other than that I have loved the bike so far. Hopefully they can fix it the first time around….
Update now it won’t start. Dealership was awesome they came to pick up. So let’s see what they say…..

Old 09-24-2022, 09:03 AM
TexasScooterTrash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,408 Likes on 862 Posts

The MoCo has a dismal track record for turning out "something new" that is trouble free. Look at the Twin Cam camshaft tensioners, and all of the M-8 problems. I'm sorry to hear of all the problems with these bikes and hope a FIX is in the works.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:50 PM
Axel2261
Stage III
Default Fixed

Originally Posted by Axel2261
Update now it won’t start. Dealership was awesome they came to pick up. So let’s see what they say…..
They had to update both left and right modules…so far so good!

Old 10-08-2022, 09:18 PM
PBlomme
Novice
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Kordos;20760470]Well, after the update and after the Harley dealer spent three days doing tests without problems, today I went to pick up the nightster and... start-up failure !!!
Harley update not working. I'm sick of Harley. I should have bought an Indian.
I'm going to give them a month to fix the problem or they'll give me my money back. THIS MOTORCYCLE IS NOT RELIABLE

I have already been in touch with Indian about a trade in.

Old 03-29-2023, 08:11 PM
sbee1000
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

It's been 5 months since software update in October 2022 and no more starting problems. Feels like a new bike. They had to know this problem plagued the new model from the start and should not have introduced it without dealing with it. If I had not known about the fuse-reset to get through the first 6 months of ownership I would have set fire to it.

The following users liked this post:
mprimeaux (04-03-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 03:12 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,008 Likes on 2,557 Posts

Is that all HD kit on your bike? I like the look of a mini tourer.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:31 AM
sbee1000
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy
Is that all HD kit on your bike? I like the look of a mini tourer.
Mostly. Windscreen is from National Cycle (Shield EX) and seat is Corbin. Have mini-apes and engine guard on order. Swingbag frees up some room in the hard bags and can be used to carry more fuel if one is really concerned in more remote areas. GIVI has a .6L container with spout that fits nicely without taking up too much room - one in each bag. The Puig visor is overpriced, but really makes a difference.

The following users liked this post:
Andy from Sandy (03-30-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 09:57 AM
PBlomme
Novice
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Money back?

[QUOTE=PBlomme;20867105]
Originally Posted by Kordos
Well, after the update and after the Harley dealer spent three days doing tests without problems, today I went to pick up the nightster and... start-up failure !!!
Harley update not working. I'm sick of Harley. I should have bought an Indian.
I'm going to give them a month to fix the problem or they'll give me my money back. THIS MOTORCYCLE IS NOT RELIABLE

I have already been in touch with Indian about a trade in.
how will you get your money back? I am fighting to get my money back and no one will talk to me. I was told to just sell privately.

Old 04-03-2023, 11:25 AM
mprimeaux
Stage I

Hi Sbee, love the look of the bike! I just got a 2023 nightster special and I'm looking to do a very similar look. I see what looks like a different handlebars on your bike. Are those the mini apes from Harley? I've just ordered a set myself and waiting for them to come in. I'm wondering how you like them and if you had to extend the brake, clutch and electrical cables? Also, where did that windshield come from?

Old 04-04-2023, 06:30 AM
sbee1000
2nd Gear

Immediately ordered the pull-back handlebars and had them installed before picking up the bike. Mini-apes are at the dealer, but waiting for longer cables to put it on. Note that the mini-apes come with pins that will allow it to be installed at only one angle. Plan on shaving them off so I can pull the bars further back to my liking - the knurled section should provide enough grip. National Cycle Shield EX and Puig visor (small). Now have the Puig visor (large).

Quick Reply: 22 nightster RH975T starting issues