22 nightster RH975T starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 02:08 PM
Will roberts
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2022 Nightster won't start

Originally Posted by Myers92
wow I’m really sorry to hear that, yes please update when you get an answer from Harley. I’m headed to the dealership tomorrow for an appointment to discuss them taking the bike back and getting a different bike.
I Am having the same problem.... I'm going to lemon law it.

Old 07-31-2022, 02:10 PM
Will roberts
Stage II
Default Harley Davidson nightster recall

Originally Posted by Will roberts
I Am having the same problem.... I'm going to lemon law it.
Harley Davidson should recall the bikes.

Old 08-02-2022, 12:13 PM
Kordos
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Software solution?

My dealer called me to say that Harley has released a software update that fixes the problem. They tell me that they have tried it with a nightster that they had for sale and that it gave the starting problem and after installing it it has worked fine. I have already left my motorcycle at the dealer. We will pray...

The following users liked this post:
Bluej777x (04-22-2024)
Old 08-04-2022, 08:28 PM
Good1HD
Stage I
Default Start/Stop Issue

Originally Posted by Kordos
My dealer called me to say that Harley has released a software update that fixes the problem. They tell me that they have tried it with a nightster that they had for sale and that it gave the starting problem and after installing it it has worked fine. I have already left my motorcycle at the dealer. We will pray...
Hello,

Do you know the name of the software update? I am having the same issue with my Nighster. I called the dealer today, and they are still waiting in the software update.

Old 08-05-2022, 01:59 AM
Kordos
1st Gear

I do not know. I am traveling out of my country now and my dealer has told me that the bike is ready and I will pick it up next Monday. According to what they tell me, they have been testing it and it has not given the error again when they put the update on it. it gave me the fault two out of three times and it was working removing the fuse. Ask your dealer because it's an update that came out last Tuesday.

Old 08-05-2022, 07:11 PM
Jay1250T
Cruiser
Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Good1HD
Hello,

Do you know the name of the software update? I am having the same issue with my Nighster. I called the dealer today, and they are still waiting in the software update.

M1559: Revolution Max ECM Update
Motorcycles Affected: 2021 and 2022: RA1250, RA1250S, RH1250S, RH975

Old 08-07-2022, 06:39 PM
nightcore
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default For sure affects no start issue?

Originally Posted by Jay1250T
M1559: Revolution Max ECM Update
Motorcycles Affected: 2021 and 2022: RA1250, RA1250S, RH1250S, RH975
Are you sure this update is partially for the Nightster no start issue? When I look at the list under the update I don't see this issue mentioned. I am having my dealer update mine before delivery.

This is what the post says in this forum: This update is to address Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P000000 setting and putting the bike into the fast idle position (4,000 rpm). The update also addresses the concern of an inadvertent tripping of P227900 for the intake air leak under certain riding conditions when no intake leak is present.

Thanks

Old 08-08-2022, 03:33 AM
Kordos
1st Gear
Default The update doesn't work

Well, after the update and after the Harley dealer spent three days doing tests without problems, today I went to pick up the nightster and... start-up failure !!!
Harley update not working. I'm sick of Harley. I should have bought an Indian.
I'm going to give them a month to fix the problem or they'll give me my money back. THIS MOTORCYCLE IS NOT RELIABLE.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:10 AM
Kordos
1st Gear
Default Update doesnt work

After a month in which my nightster has been in the workshop for two weeks and after installing the latest update that was supposed to solve the problems of not starting, the problem is still there. The motorcycle is beautiful, it runs extraordinarily well but you don't know when the starter is going to fail. This causes a feeling of extraordinary insecurity. Despite being one of the most beautiful and dynamic motorcycles I have ever owned, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RECOMMEND ITS PURCHASE. It's a Russian roulette and if you happen to be screwed. And I guarantee you that you have a good chance. I do not understand how Harley has not solved this problem that is ruining the brand image. It is unthinkable that a serious company has had this problem for two months in one of its flagship products and has not found a solution.

The following users liked this post:
nightcore (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 12:36 PM
nightcore
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Very unfortunate. I was hopeful.

Quick Reply: 22 nightster RH975T starting issues