Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Mustache Bars...are they worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 12:47 PM
canuk cruiser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustache Bars...are they worth it?

Im thiking abot putting a Mustache Bar on my 05 Harley fatboy with Highway pegs, but want some advise from those out there on comfort and looks. I have yet to se a picture of one on a bike from head on. I dont like the look of the crash bars, if anyone knows any altrenatives please advise. Any Pictures would be appreciated.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:30 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior
Default RE: Mustache Bars...are they worth it?

I think it depends a lot on your riding position and your height. Being 6'3", mine is a little closer than I want and therefore I am looking at putting some other type of long reach highway bars in place of my mustache bar. check out mine in the below photo....

Old 08-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree.. I had my fatboy delivered with a Lindby bar and it's just too close and high for me and I'm only 6' tall.
I found a solution that I think would be great for extension for taller guys as well..
Kuryakin Cruise Arms Mark III...

https://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3243

They install with a little modification to your floorboards, which is undetectable, and they're CLEAN.
Also you have your choice of any type of pegs, either their iso-pegs or harley pegs or other.

I love them.. The best thing I did to my fatboy in my opinion.. very comfy.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3244/4C94605AC66848AFB536E2E61C860CF2.jpg[/IMG]

Ooops.. Sorry, these are only capable on FL models (floorboards) rather than forward controls.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:55 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior

The main thing I like about my Lindby bar is that during Sturgis at Black Hills HD, some numbskull accidently (?) knocked over about a dozen bikes and mine was right smack (and I mean smack!!) in the middle of the group and only the bikes with some type of 'large' highway bars escaped damage... I got a couple of paint dings on my rear fender from turn signals but that is all...

Old 08-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TxMoores

some numbskull accidently (?) knocked over about a dozen bikes
[sm=yikesomg.gif] Holy Cow!!!! Man that's a nightmare come true.
I wonder what that guy did.. Either split really quick or fainted from absolute sheer terror of the thought of about 100 mad bikers taking care of business.

I would not have wanted to see that situation from afar, much less be anywhere near it. Yikesy Momma!!

[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 08-24-2005, 02:38 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior

You get a strange feeling when you come around the corner and there are a few hundred bikers standing around, some chuckling, others just staring, not doing a damn thing to help.... I was trying to get to my bike when some yahoo said I was in his way to take a picture, so told him just to wait right there and as soon as I fired up my Night Train he could have an up close and personal picture... up his as... I was saying... I would like to apologize to any folks here on the forum who saw my less than stellar conduct and behavior, but I was pissed... sorry...

Old 08-25-2005, 01:39 AM
bassrock
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I put the mustache bar on my 04 heritage and like the looks and feel of it. Might add some foot pegs to be able to extend my feet out a little more wider. Is plenty far away enough but I only stand 5`10. The only thing I don't like is when I put my boots on the foot rest the one on the right hand side sits a little on the rear brake pad if I am not careful.

Old 08-26-2005, 01:18 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts

It's all personal opinion, I suppose. But.......... Had a Lindby bar on my '02 Fat Boy. I'm only 5'9 and wasn't comfortable with it. Then I saw the Moustache bar and loved the looks of it over the Lindby. But if you're looking to use your engine guard to stretch your legs, forget about either of them. But I put a set of Kuryakyn highway pegs on the Moustache and I'm very happy with it. Had to do a couple of adjustments on the pegs, but finally got it where I want it.

HERE is a shot from the front of my FB. By the way, I saved $40 or so by getting the bar from Surdyke/Dales compared to my local H-D place, but it took weeks and their customer service sucks big time. Just got a new tool box from Zanotti's H-D in Butler, PA online and saved $20 over the H-D price. Maybe you could check them out for prices. https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

Old 08-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TxMoores

You get a strange feeling when you come around the corner and there are a few hundred bikers standing around, some chuckling, others just staring, not doing a damn thing to help.... I was trying to get to my bike when some yahoo said I was in his way to take a picture, so told him just to wait right there and as soon as I fired up my Night Train he could have an up close and personal picture... up his as... I was saying... I would like to apologize to any folks here on the forum who saw my less than stellar conduct and behavior, but I was pissed... sorry...
Totally understandible in my opinion.. to be beebopping around the corner and see your bike in the middle of a "52 bike pickup".
I would have gone into convulsions or had kittens or something.
I'm glad it was only slight.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:22 AM
tbroenick97
Tourer

im 6'0" and my moustache bars are way too close to be comfortable, but if i put some peges on them theyd work perfect

but they look great imho- check the pic's under "flashin" in the gallery

Quick Reply: Mustache Bars...are they worth it?