Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Who thinks any jacket

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 10:13 AM
hd55
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who thinks any jacket

is worth $600? I'm sorry,I looked up those Harley jackets,you gotta be f-ckin brain damaged to think their a 600 item.I guess they figure your rich if you own a Harley?

Old 01-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Who thinks any jacket

I paid roughly that for mine. It is superior in its construction, and is very high quality. I didn't want to spend that kind of money, but when I compared to what else is out there, it was actually cheaper than many of the jackets that compare.

I don't believe that I am brain damaged, but its possible. Oh, I also paid a lot for my helmet, gloves, and boots.

I figure when i hit the ground, last thing I'll think about is how glad I was im only destroying a $100 jacket as my skin tears off.

I'm not rich, I just want quality, safety and comfort.

I have over a year of near everyday use on it. Rain, cold, extreme heat (20*-118*) and it still looks brand new. It is waterproof as well.

So in closing... I disagree. It is worth $600.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:54 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i agree with Rhubarb...all of my HD MOTORCLOTHES leather is top notch in every respect...perhaps you should buy your leather off ebay...or at a rally....the patchwork Buffalo jackets are 60 bucks

Old 01-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Budz
Tourer

I bought a Bates jacket back in 1982 or so for $300. Big, big money for back then. I still have the jacket and it's just broken in good. The current price is $615 and I'd buy one again if I needed one, but you are the boss of your money.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

not me! I'm a cheap bastard, however I like good quality. no if I could just stop chasing my tail.[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 01-25-2007, 04:39 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I think 600 bucks is way high for a leather jacket.

I have an First brand, Pakistani made, generic, traditonal looking biker jacket that I bought from J.C. Whitney for 88 bucks 15 years ago. It no different than the 100 bucks you can get at swapmeets, truck stops, and flea markets all over the country. I have wrecked in it once. I slid a good ways on my side with the bike on me. It did it's job. A little shoe polish and one ground off snap replacement and she was good to go. I've ridden ten's of thousands of miles in the rain and dry with it. It still looks good.

Personally, I don't believe that foreign cows or foreign thread is inferior to American made stuff. If the jacket isn't falling apart on you while you are wearing it, it isn't gonna automatically fly apart if you go down.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:50 AM
forvols
Advanced

I dont think I would pay that for any jackey. Especially after getting the quality jacket I got from Fox Creek Leathers. They are about the upper limit on price I would/have paid.

Tony

Old 02-03-2007, 02:31 AM
wharfrat
Intermediate

I wear a FXRG heavy weight jacket. I paid about 560 bucks two years ago for it and didn't think twice about it. It's comfortable, has built in body armour in the right places. I can take the liner out and wear it until it about mid summer. It has lots of pockets and it looks good and feels good too. I figure i've got about 2 grand spent on leather and other riding gear but it's gonna last a long time because of the quality. The only thing about the jacket that ticks me off is that it was made in china.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

If the quality is exceptional the price shouldn't be the main consideration. Dealers in our area have specials throughout the year, sometimes 20-25%. If it costs me a few more $$$ to be safer, I would spend the extramoney.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:56 PM
CroftonDamico
Cruiser

Rhubarb: I have over a year of near everyday use on it. Rain, cold, extreme heat (20*-118*) and it still looks brand new. It is waterproof as well.

I am interested in a summer jacket, what jacket did you purchase that you can wear in 118 degrees. Assume the liner is waterproof?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Who thinks any jacket