Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

NexL helmets

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Rem
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default NexL helmets

anyone have bad experience with NexL helmet company? I ordered one in Nov., They required a check (bothered me a little).
After they received check, sent me an email saying it would ship in "3 weeks". That was 5 weeks ago, and I can't get a reply from email nor phone inquires. beginning to wonder if i'm screwed. any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
TIA, rem

Old 01-12-2007, 02:08 AM
myzen
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NexL helmets

Rem, I wear and love that helmet. I have heard a couple of other people complain that they had a difficult time corresponding with them. It's too bad. Their product is top notch. Good luck.

Mike

Old 01-24-2007, 11:10 PM
cmeb
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered one in October, and haven't gotten it yet. They don't respond to emails, or return phone calls. I did get an email that they recieved my check though.
I ended up getting an ACC helmet, and it came in 3 days!

Old 01-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Rem
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who got 'suckered' (sorry). I've been trying to do something about this. I encourage you to file a complaint with their local Better Business Bureau. Just go online andsearch for BBB and follow guide... it was easy to do and only took a few minutes. Maybe we can save others from making our mistake, if they happen to check BBB before sending those checks; which I wish I had done. Spread the word. Lets try to break this kind of fraudulent business on the web.
Rem

Old 02-08-2007, 07:18 PM
cmeb
Novice

Hey Rem I thought you'd like to know that I heard from nexl today, and they say that have had problems beyond belief, they apologize for not returning my calls, and say that helmets are being made and will start to ship on Feb. 15th. This is just a few days after I called and threatened to report them to the BBB. They do have 36 complaints already with the Better Business Bureau.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

w0w, 36 complaints!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:16 AM
nastyHD
Road Captain

kiss your money GOOOOOOOO BYE!!!
I got the same Email from them and still no helmet [sm=bomb.gif]

Order History

12/11/2006
Pending

12/17/2006
Processing
payment received, thank you, order will ship in 3-4 weeks

01/26/2007
Processing
Jorge,

Thank you for taking the time to call, we do realize it has taking us longer than usual to reply to your inquiry and please accept our sincere apology.

We have had problems beyond belief.

Shells are being assembled next week and we will begin shipping finished
helmets Feb 12, we will expedite your order to 2 day and refund shipping.

To Cancel Order please email gil@nexlsports.com

Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 AM
ChopperHammer666
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a NexL helmet and love it. I bought it thru a local mtorcycle shop. My helmet had to be ordered and got it within a week. (Two years ago.)

Old 05-25-2007, 01:52 PM
steves57
Intermediate

Had the same experience, sent $158 to them in August 06...finally said they would ship in Nov. Nothing!!! Filed a complaint with BBB. Told them I wanted a refund. Got a notice in March they would sent a refund check. Still haven't seen it. Crooks!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 10:12 AM
TOSBL
Stage II

Add me to the list of unsatisfied customers of NexL Sports. I ordered my helmet March 10th and have still not received it! I did receive an email from them in April saying that they would ship the helmet the first week of May so my girlfriend could have it before our ride to Myrtle Beach bike week but the helmet was never shipped. Now I don't get any responses to my phone calls or emails so I've added my complaint to the list at the Better Business Bureau.

I ordered this helmet directly from NexL's website and paid for my order through GOOGLE Checkout. Does anyone know how to contact GOOGLE Checkout with a complaint?

In the spirit of full disclosure, I already have one NexL helmet, it is lighter and more comfortable than other helmets I've owned but I've not had to put it to the ultimate test so I can't attest to its performance. I bought that helmet through a large online retailer and that order didn't arrive on time either. I should have learned something from that experience!

Happy Motoring!

TOSBL

Quick Reply: NexL helmets