Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Electric riding gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 01:22 AM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Electric riding gear

I have C.R.S. [] I used my P touch to add labels to my dual controller from Warm & Safe so I know which is the jacket and which is for the gloves. Keep it clipped to my inside outer jacket pocket. I can see the winky blinky lights there better and its pretty easy to operate.
My big tip is to use a piece of split wire loom to keep all the damn wires together and from making you look like a walking Cyborg.
I'm not too crazy about the way W&S has one plug for the gloves coming out of the pocket. Think I'm gonna move it to the inside with the others.
I never disconnect the controller from the jacket. Just the jacket with the controller from the bike.
All in all I like the W&S jacket. Nice and thin. Adds no bulk to you under the outer jacket. So far I've had to keep turning the controller down or I'll overheat.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:40 PM
tourman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

05-- Are youcontrolling the gloves & liner seperately? If so hook it up like this-
Plug left hand cordon liner into one side of the heat troller
Unplug the two connectors in the liners accessory plug pocket and plug the male gloveconnector into the other power input of the heat troller
The other female connector can be tucked into it's pocket or plugged into pants which will be controlled off the jacket control.

Any questions give me a shout

Old 03-14-2007, 11:31 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Got it like that. Just that cord comming out of the pocket has got to go. Nothing that a soldering iron and some shrink tubing wont take care of.
The extra plug will work well for my heated sox if needed.
Mike? That you? I still think it would be nice to have an inner pocket for the controller...LOL
The belt pouch does help...

Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 PM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I commute year round from northern VA to DC. 105 miles round trip. In 3 years I've missed about 10 days total.... Temperatures range from over 100 to this past winter when we had about 10 straight days of the temperature in the single digit range.
The Gerbing/ Harley long sleeve lines are fine. Be sure to buy the size that is not tight, but snug. Gerbing/Harley Gloves, ALL of them are fine as long as the temperature stays above freezing. Below that, expect to get COLD hands. The Gerbing/Harley dual thermostat is intermittened at best.
Warmnsafe has a better thermostat. Word is Gerbing copied this and still didn't get it right. Warmnsafe hasa new pair of gloves out I'm going to try this winter.
Just as important as electric heated gear is rain gear. First Gear Overpants and Kilamanjaroo Jackets are the "standard" but thereis a reason First Gear only warrants their clothes for one year.....
Aerostich is UNBEATABLE! It is EXPENSIVE, but if you invest in a Darien Jacket and pants, it'll be a few years before you even think about another set...

[IMG]local://upfiles/18192/46D3BA76AD9A4C3AA9D5A0262347D2DA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's about time somebody sold a heated jock strap. In winter the wind whistles over the top of the tank and freezes the old family jewels something awful.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:00 PM
shovelheadred
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Steve Zodiac

It's about time somebody sold a heated jock strap. In winter the wind whistles over the top of the tank and freezes the old family jewels something awful.
I was wonderin' if anybody wanted to go half's on a set of heated grips, it's for the 'ol lady and the Dealer won't sell me just one............[&:]

Old 04-19-2008, 10:23 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,673 Likes on 1,514 Posts

I looked at the HD jacket liner then bought a Gerbings unit with the rheostat switch. This is one of the best addons ever.
I made a mistake of buying the adapter to tap into my Batterytender plug on my wifes bike.
She tried it and now she wants her own jacket liner for her upcoming birthday. I was gonna buy her a broom...

Cost of Jacket Liner, single rheostatic control, and pigtail adapter (minus 15% sale); $ 232.00 out the door and down the road!