Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Anyone with knowledge/opinion of Windvest Windscreens?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:41 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone with knowledge/opinion of Windvest Windscreens?

I live in Charleston, SC and everywhere you go requires a bridge crossing... somehow we appear to have a complete lack of street sweepers and as such, sand and other general road dukie collects on the bridges. I was looking to find a windshiled that did not detract too much from the looks of my bike yet provide some level of deflection from road debris as well as a bit of wind deflection - neck muscles get a workout above 65MPH. Anyway, I saw a Windvest screen that looked like it may do the trick, any opinions or other suggestions highly welcomed. Thanks

Old 07-26-2005, 11:44 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Default RE: Anyone with knowledge/opinion of Windvest Windscreens?

BTW the screen can be seen here:

http://www.coolwindshields.com/cgi-b...?product=1080C

Old 07-26-2005, 02:43 PM
fxdxsteve
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they work great as long as you don't have a long moustache or beard.it creates an updraft behind it I have to wear a bandana or the oil from my moustache fogs up my shades other than that they're great I use mine for long trips I bought it at laughlin in 02

Old 07-26-2005, 03:10 PM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

Thanks Steve... that won;t be a problem for me - 44 years old and I only have to shave about once a week, and that is just so I don't look like I forgot to shave that day. Face is slick as a baby's butt just with more wrinkles

Old 07-26-2005, 06:15 PM
fxdxsteve
Banned

you're lucky I have to shave my neck 3times a week been growing my beard for 6 and a half years and the usda people in my plant hassle me if the whiskers on my neck show I have to wear a hair net and beardnet all day at work if you were closer to me I'd say come over and get the vest after my trip to yellowstone I swore I'd never use it again

Old 07-26-2005, 08:25 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Buzz

I have the HD low profile windshield with the quick disconnect on my deuce and it works well without being bulky looking.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2318/9FCDB361935B48A7854F2101C072C6F4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-27-2005, 12:12 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

Steve - thanks for the offer, you're right... a bit of a trip to pick it up.

TC - great looking Deuce, I really like the SEs looks. I worried about the headlight cut-outs lining up with the Headwinds - I ordered the Windvest late this afternoon... will let you all know my thoughts when it arrives.

Thanks Guys - Buzz

Old 07-30-2005, 09:56 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

While I don't have any experience with the Windvest , it should work better than the HD factory windshield . I have ( had ) the taller quick detach HD windshield one on my Deuce , while it deflects the wind and some bugs your head is unprotected by it . I've watcheed bigger bugs incoming and it does not deflect them at all , they come STRAIGHT in . I think part of the problem is the windshield is set at the same angle as the forks ( for looks ? ) but it does not create any kind turbulence causing the bugs / rocks to veer away . The windvest looks better as it actually flares foreward somewhat at the top , it should send up a vortex type of effect sending incoming goodies in another direction .

Dan

Old 08-29-2005, 11:14 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wind vest looks good. But for me it did not work as well as the stock windshield. How tall are you ?? If you are 6' or taller the wind vest will probaly be to short for you. I put one on my 05 softail deluxe and no mater what angle I put it , My head got a good buffeting from the wind. Like I said, they look goood and are made very well. but I could not get comfy with it while wearing a 1/2 shell helmet. this is the first year for me to wear a half shell helmet and to have a wind shield (and I been riding a long time.)

Even with the nostalgic king size shield I still had a lot of wind noise hitting my ears while wearing a 1/2 helment.

Then I installed the harley davidson wind deflectors on my forks and was amazed at the wind that they took away from my ears.

I would have made you a good deal on my wind vest had I known. less than 200 miles on it. the wind vest will probaly work ok for some and not for some. I think the wind vest could be made better also if they made them longer on the bottem. that's my dollar two 98 worth. hope yours works for you.

I keep my wind shield on a lot , but some times I take it off and get some wind in the face, feels good. oh yeah, Wind vest service is great.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:40 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I see that even with the windshields people are getting the wind noise and buffeting as stated in some of the replies. If you get a windshield and have the buffeting or wind noise problems, take your left arm and put it across your chest at 60 mph and move it away and back several times, if your arm cuts the wind noise and buffeting then go to www.jacksflaps.com I invented the "AeroVest" specifically to address this problem and offer a money back guarantee if not satisfied for any reason. There are test/reports about it on HTT, harley_dyna (yahoo) and on this site under the dyna heading. It makes 70 mph feel like 35 mph, GUARANTEED---Jack ps look in this n that in this forum also