Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Lil Joe's or 1% leather vest?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 PM
smokewagon
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lil Joe's or 1% leather vest?

I've been looking at vests, and like the "genuine" Sons of Anarchy vest done by Lil' Joe's leather (http://blackmagicapparel.com/shopsit...rchy-vest.html). It looks awfully sweet.
Hardcore Biker Supplies makes a vest that is basically the same design, though, and is significantly cheaper (http://www.hardcorebikersupplies.com...LINEDVEST.html) - by almost half!
Anyone own either of these, and can chime in on quality, fit, etc? From the pictures, the Lil' Joe's looks like it is higher quality, heavier leather, but I'm not sure it's worth twice the price. :-o

Old 11-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Thatzmister2u
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lil Joes is run by an ex 1%er wife and the are great quality. I cannot speak to the other but nothing is 1% unless it carries a patch and that costs a lot more than most folks are wiling to pay.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:10 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Don't forget to wax your arms and wear a bandana with it, you need to do this to get the full visual "badass" effect. Having an obnoxiously loud exhaust helps too.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:36 AM
reclaimer53
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SOA seriously?? It's a tv show. When they coming out with a Lunch Box and underroos??

Old 11-18-2011, 07:41 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I have 2 L'il Joe's vests and they are by far the nicest vests I have ever seen. I have the black denim and a leather one. Once you get it you will understand why they cost so much. Nothing comes close to the quality of the leather, the craftsmanship or will have the warranty they provide.

I have compared them to numerous other brands and they always come out on top. made in America and the quality shows. Top grade leather that is far beyond what other companies use. A good friend of mine wanted to save a few bucks so he bought a legendary brand. It arrived and he was very displeased with it. I sold him a L'il Joes after he held mine in his hands and tried it on.

I sell them at a discount every day and will never wear anotehr brand. With the two I have I think I am set for life.

Drew

Old 11-19-2011, 11:24 AM
smokewagon
Advanced

Originally Posted by reclaimer53
SOA seriously?? It's a tv show. When they coming out with a Lunch Box and underroos??
Hey, I didn't name the vest; I just like the style.
I had a student last year who came to class in full SoA regalia, reaper hoodie and t-shirt, complete with sheath knife like Jax carried in the first seasons. I asked him to leave that at home. :-/

Old 11-19-2011, 01:37 PM
smokewagon
Advanced

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I have 2 L'il Joe's vests and they are by far the nicest vests I have ever seen. I have the black denim and a leather one. Once you get it you will understand why they cost so much. Nothing comes close to the quality of the leather, the craftsmanship or will have the warranty they provide.

I sell them at a discount every day and will never wear anotehr brand. With the two I have I think I am set for life.

Drew
Drew, I was looking at the denim one, too, thinking it might be a better fit for the climate here in New Mexico; I love the idea of a really heavy leather vest, but it may prove too heavy to wear as often as the denim. Do you find you wear that more often in LA?

Old 11-19-2011, 02:20 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I just got the leather one for this winter. It is quite warm. I wear the denim the rest of the time. I am not sure of what your climate is there but before i got the leather one I wore the denim over my leather when it was cold. I do the same with the leather, but now I usually wear a little lighter jacket under the leather.

Drew

Old 11-29-2011, 11:42 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

I would put a Fox Creek Leather vest up against either of these vests you speak of as far as quality of the leather used and the craftmanship of the vest. Maybe the SOA replica is better, but I would have to see it to believe it. After many years of riding and buying leathers I have never seen anything to match the FCL vest I bought last spring.

Expand your searching. There are many excellent leatherwear makers across this country, and many who probably make theirs as good, or better than others. But none of us will ever know unless we check them out for ourselves. Whats 'best' for one maybe '****' for another.

Best of luck in your search....

Old 11-29-2011, 03:00 PM
smokewagon
Advanced

Dr. V-Twin,
I was looking on the website for the SoA vest & it has the option of adding 3" of length - how long are they regularly? For what this vest costs, I don't want it riding up my back. :-0

I'll check out Fox Creek for sure - I like the design of the Lil Joe's vests, & don't care if it's affiliated with a TV show or not.

Quick Reply: Lil Joe's or 1% leather vest?