Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

BAR Enterprises Hitckhiker first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,858 Likes on 807 Posts
Default BAR Enterprises Hitckhiker first impressions

I got my BAR Enterprises Hitchhiker Plain seat, with Millenium Foam on the driver's portion, yesterday. I installed it and only got to put about 20 miles on it, but HOLY CRAP!! It's like my Night Train has a new suspension. The lumbar support is amazing and I just sink into the seat. I hardly feel bumps in the road anymore! Also the front of the seat is wider than the Badlander, so I get thigh support too! Simply amazing so far! I really can't wait for the chance to go on a long ride to really give it a workout! I love the way it looks too! It really gives my bike a new personality!

I know AceArt had some issues with them, but they came through for me big time. The seat was delivered pretty much exactly when they said it would be - almost exactly a month to the day that I ordered it. The fit is bang on, and the quality is top notch. Dealing with them through email and over the phone was a pleasure.

I strongly encourage anyone looking for a ridiculously comfortable seat to give serious consideration to BAR Industries.

Here are some pictures below.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Before and after to compare:

Name:  NTRightSide.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  72.2 KB
Name:  NTRightSideNewSeat.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  56.8 KB

Other views:

Name:  NTLeftSideNewSeat.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  51.9 KB

Name:  NTBARSeat.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  53.9 KB

Old 07-22-2005, 06:33 PM
fatboymike
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: BAR Enterprises Hitckhiker first impressions

The bike looks real good Clammy! Nice job!

Old 07-23-2005, 01:52 AM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That does look good on there Clammy

Old 07-24-2005, 01:04 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks guys.

Today I got to put a few hundred miles on the seat, and I can confirm that it is AWESOME!!! SOOOOOO comfortable! It really makes bumps in the road almost disappear, and the lumbar support is fantastic!!

Once I have the mini-apes installed, on Monday, spending all day in the saddle will be no problem!

Cheers!

Old 07-24-2005, 07:29 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

looks good i like a smooth plain seat!!

Old 07-25-2005, 04:27 PM
bassrock
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Clammy do you know of anyone that has sent there seat in to have it refoamed with the millineum foam from bar enterprises? Was considering sending my seat off my heritage to them this winter and was wondering if this would help soar butt syndrom or if I should just invest in a corbin or a russel all day long seat. $225 for the refoaming is a lot cheaper than a corbin or a russell but worry it would not help much. I also like the looks of standard seat and larger passenger seat I have on my heritage. Thanks for the help or opinions.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bassrock

Hey Clammy do you know of anyone that has sent there seat in to have it refoamed with the millineum foam from bar enterprises? Was considering sending my seat off my heritage to them this winter and was wondering if this would help soar butt syndrom or if I should just invest in a corbin or a russel all day long seat. $225 for the refoaming is a lot cheaper than a corbin or a russell but worry it would not help much. I also like the looks of standard seat and larger passenger seat I have on my heritage. Thanks for the help or opinions.
I don't know about refoaming an existing seat, but I can tell you that the Millenium Foam is pretty awesome. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem to trap heat, so even after a couple of hours in the saddle, my butt is comfortable and not "swampy" (heheheh). I got the mini-apes installed today, and with the Hitchhiker, I can see myself pulling 8+ hours straight no problem!

I am very picky about things, and usually, things don't fully meet my expectations... but the seat exceeded my expectations. I really can;t say enough good things about it!

Cheers!