Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

review=H/D billet grips

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 11:52 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default review=H/D billet grips

Hi again,

This review concerns the billet grips available at the Harley Davidson dealership. They are available in both narrow rubber bands and wide rubber bands. I chose the wide rubber bands. The quality is pretty good, although they're not 100% billet. the ends caps are plasti-chrome, and like to "spin" so if you like the bar and shield logo on the ends to stay facing upright you might have to glue them down. Installation was EASY. The left grip goes on real esay if you take the end cap off. Upon doing so, there's a piece of rubber sticking out which allows you to carefully tap on it with a hammer to drive it on, making getting all of the glue off the handlebar not necessary. It does however have to be "spun" around so that the notches on the grip align with the control. The throttle grip went real easy. What I did was rolled back the rubber boots covering the throttle cables and counted the threads as well as measured where the lock nut was from the end of the threads, so that I could re-adjust them back to where they were from the factory. After that, you just break the lock nuts loose, and then turn the adjusters all the way forward which gives you enough play in the cables to take them off of the stock grips, and install on the new grip. Then follow in reverse the steps to re-install.

This mod not only matches the my pegs, but makes the bike look alot more classy.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

joe

Old 08-08-2007, 09:56 AM
tweeker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: review=H/D billet grips

I just bought the same grips and pegs for my bike yesterday. Unfortunatly, removing the pin from the footpeddle took off some of the paint so i have to do a little touch up before the peg can go on. What you said about the grips was really helpfull so I should have them on within a couple hourshours after this post.