Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Brukus Saddlebag Secure

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010 | 12:51 PM
stupid_rope
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Brukus Saddlebag Secure

FINALLY! Uncle Sam has given me enough time to sit down at a computer and write about this:

So, after passing the saddlebag locks and seat lock around to my guys, they all had the same impression:

Quality product, good price.

My impression after using them and riding with them is this:

They are not necessary to have but once I got them on, I felt less inclined to worry about bag theft when the bike was parked. I have never worried about the bags falling off and this product keeps it that way. For 20 bucks, you can't beat the piece of mind! And while we're at it, the seat screw did its job.

As a suggestion for Brukus, you all should offer the SaddlebagSecure, seat screw and tool for $30 shipped. I think people would pay for it all as a combo pack...or at least I would.

Thanks Brukus!

Old 08-25-2010 | 03:13 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
FINALLY! Uncle Sam has given me enough time to sit down at a computer and write about this:

So, after passing the saddlebag locks and seat lock around to my guys, they all had the same impression:

Quality product, good price.

My impression after using them and riding with them is this:

They are not necessary to have but once I got them on, I felt less inclined to worry about bag theft when the bike was parked. I have never worried about the bags falling off and this product keeps it that way. For 20 bucks, you can't beat the piece of mind! And while we're at it, the seat screw did its job.

As a suggestion for Brukus, you all should offer the SaddlebagSecure, seat screw and tool for $30 shipped. I think people would pay for it all as a combo pack...or at least I would.

Thanks Brukus!
Hey - thanks for the good review! And we understand about the delay. We actually offer all kinds of packages on our website - brukus.com - for discounted prices. And we now have the special security bit for those who have a Tour Pac on their touring bike.

Thanks for your service, stupid_rope!

Last edited by Brukus Motorcycle Parts; 08-25-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2013 | 04:02 AM
giselle1340
2nd Gear

hi

sorry, but cannt the thief just unscrew the fender screw on the other side of the mounting bracket?

Old 05-29-2013 | 11:20 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by giselle1340
hi

sorry, but cannt the thief just unscrew the fender screw on the other side of the mounting bracket?
We occasionally get this question. Evidently on certain models and/or years there is more access to the screw in the bracket. In those cases, you may want to consider a security bolt. Or you can turn the brackets, if possible, so there is not access.

But when this has come up on threads before, it seems the majority of the bikes do not have room for someone to unscrew the brackets.

And in the case of the SaddlebagSecure, with the quick release system the bags can be popped off in seconds and this is the manner that the bags are being stolen.