Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

SaddleBagSecure for Harley Touring Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010 | 03:13 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Default Saddlebag Secure

I received my kit on Friday and had a few minutes to install it today. A few minutes was all that was needed. Very easy to read instructions and installation was a snap. It took longer to remove the OEM clips than anything else. The saddlebags are now much tighter than they ever were with the OEM hardware. They screw down easily and then a few turns to tighten and done.

A good quality product that is very thoughtfully made. Excellent design and with the lower profile of the screw head there is less chance to catch items on the heads unlike the OEM screws. If I had to add anything to it for extra protection it would be to change the clip to a self locking style of nut only to help prevent any loosening during a ride.

This is a product I will gladly tell everyone I know about. Well worth the small cost for such a great amount of peace of mind. Having had the OEM clips come undone before I am now sure I will never need to worry about that again.

Old 07-20-2010 | 09:45 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

**A NOTE FROM ADMIN**

Kay from Brukus made me an offer I could not refuse a week ago. I've spent a little bit of time helping her get the stickys up for the discount to HDF Members and have been able to provide some advice on how to go about advertising here on HDF. She felt the need to repay me with the Fender/Seat Security Screw and the Saddlebag Security Screw Kit. I don't normally get free products here on HDF from Sponsors and it is not my job to deal with the Sponsors here. I do help them occasionally with minor problems like posting ads, stickys and announcements. The big wheels (account managers) handle everything else with them. It was a pleasant surprise when Kay told me she was shipping out the products!

What a great product and so easy to install. It took me all of ten minutes to put both products on and most of that time was spent removing my chopped/removable Tour Pak and Saddlebags.

**Some Advise and to answer a couple of questions from you Ultra Riders. Ask Kay about the "bit" tool because you will need a long handle screwdriver/bit driver to be able to reach the seat screw. Be sure to open your Tour Pak lid when installing or removing the screw because it allows you room to reach it.

**Second, I'd order a spare wrench to keep in your home toolbox and put the original tool in your saddlebag tool kit. That way you have a spare in case yo lose one and you won't have to dig in your saddlebag every time you are working on your bike in the garage.

Great Sponsor and Great Product
A+ in my book

Terry
HDF Administrator

Old 07-22-2010 | 03:30 PM
RThomas4223
Cruiser
Talking Saddlebag Secure Installation with Pictures

Saddlebag Secure Installation

This past week, I installed the Saddlebag Secure system on my Electra Glide Classic. Since I was selected as a tester based on my poetic entry, I tried to draft a poetic evaluation. Unfortunately, you are stuck with my prose.

Inspection on Receipt.
When I received the padded envelope with the Saddlebag Secure and the Seat Secure, I inspected the contents to be sure all was there and to look at their system. The Seat Secure will be addressed in a different post.

The Saddlebag Secure came in a small plastic envelope with the 2 parts of the retainers attached to each other and the key. All the parts were there.

Installation of the Saddlebag Secure.
The first thing to do at the motorcycle is to remove the saddlebag. Then, locate and remove the stock clip from the frame:

The Second step is to install the Saddlebag Secure capture nut:

Once both capture nuts are installed, be sure to check the tire pressure while the saddle bag is off as the accessibility is much easier:

Then, before you reinstall the saddlebag, check to see that the mounting hardware is secure. On my Classic, I was surprised to find one of the attachment brackets is loose. Since it can be reached after the saddlebag is re-installed, install the saddlebag to position the mounting hardware, then tighten:

Finally, put the “key” away in a location where you won’t lose it and will remember where you put it when it comes time to pull the saddlebag off for any reason:

As you can see, I have the lid storage inserts. In the insert at the rear end of this same bag, I put all the stock Harley attachment hardware. That way, if I sell this bike (not likely), I can reinstall the stock mounting hardware.

Summary: The installation is quick and easy. You only need One (1) "Saddlebag Secure" kit to attach both saddlebags. This product is well worth the price requested.

Thank you for the opportunity to share. I am not associated in any way with the makers of Saddlebag Secure nor Seat Secure, as you will note when you read my Seat Secure review.

Old 07-22-2010 | 03:43 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior

A simple bolt and wing nut with washers work great for me.

Old 07-24-2010 | 05:18 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Terry1955
**A NOTE FROM ADMIN**

Kay from Brukus made me an offer I could not refuse a week ago. I've spent a little bit of time helping her get the stickys up for the discount to HDF Members and have been able to provide some advice on how to go about advertising here on HDF. She felt the need to repay me with the Fender/Seat Security Screw and the Saddlebag Security Screw Kit. I don't normally get free products here on HDF from Sponsors and it is not my job to deal with the Sponsors here. I do help them occasionally with minor problems like posting ads, stickys and announcements. The big wheels (account managers) handle everything else with them. It was a pleasant surprise when Kay told me she was shipping out the products!

What a great product and so easy to install. It took me all of ten minutes to put both products on and most of that time was spent removing my chopped/removable Tour Pak and Saddlebags.

**Some Advise and to answer a couple of questions from you Ultra Riders. Ask Kay about the "bit" tool because you will need a long handle screwdriver/bit driver to be able to reach the seat screw. Be sure to open your Tour Pak lid when installing or removing the screw because it allows you room to reach it.

**Second, I'd order a spare wrench to keep in your home toolbox and put the original tool in your saddlebag tool kit. That way you have a spare in case yo lose one and you won't have to dig in your saddlebag every time you are working on your bike in the garage.

Great Sponsor and Great Product
A+ in my book

Terry
HDF Administrator
We NOW HAVE the Security Bit needed for those "hard to get to" Fender Screws! If you've already bought our Fender Screw, please email us for the special price on this bit. Otherwise, you can check it out on our website, brukus.com, with the different products and product combination packages.

This same Security Bit works with our SaddlebagSecure!