Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Motorcycle Lifts

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 AM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Motorcycle Lifts

I have the red Sears jack. My shop floor may not being totally level, but it isn't out that much. My jack wobbles from side to side with the bike on it. I have since welded 1" pipe caps the jack and have 15" threaded pipes to screw into the caps. I get the jack under the bike and then screw the pipes into the caps. I drilled holes in the pipes on the other end and welded a nut to the bottom hole of the pipe. Now I can let bolts down to the floor to steady the jack. I have a 30" wider base and it is working out pretty good. I can take the pipes loose to move the bike around on the jack, but it is a $20,000 bike so I don't move it too much. I would like to have a J & S, but they are really expensive for no more than I use a jack.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

I had a Dunwell #1700 in the past and loved it , but sold it 2 yrs. ago, and they are no longer building motorcycle jacks from what I've heard and read . Am seriously looking at a J&S jack as they are very similar to PitBull but about $100. cheaper . website is www.jsjacks.com yet to decide and was kinda hoping for more input from current jack owners first .[sm=smiley25.gif]

Old 08-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I just posted a note on my new J&S jack. I am more than impressed with the stability with no straps. It also lifts Dynas without any frame kit. Ask for the HD Forum discount and it will save you enough to buy the drain pan. Right now the lifts are listed for $319 plus $41.47 shipping. The HDForum discount is 10%. When you look at a USA product that is made of quality parts, it beats the others hands down. I have looked at all the Sears and other cheaper jacks that my friends have and decided the J&S is far superior. Check them out on their website jsjacks.com

Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

DRAT : Thanks bud , that helps alot .

Old 08-25-2007, 12:07 PM
silverbullet2005
Tourer

I've got the all aluminum Crewline lift which I bought from Sams Club a few years back, you can buy a similar version at sears now! the lift works great and is light enough to mount on the wall.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:16 PM
mojo2go
Tourer

I got mine from J&P Cycles for $139 + shipping and it is a great lift. They also sell a Dyna adapter kit for it. I've also seen a similar lift in Fog Hollow's ads for $89.95 that looks pretty well made. These will lift 1500lbs

Old 08-29-2007, 05:26 AM
dumoore
Cruiser

J&S, no straps, rock solid and great customer service. Made in the USA

Old 08-29-2007, 05:27 AM
dumoore
Cruiser

J&S..... no straps, rock solid and great customer service. Made in the USA

Old 09-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's another for the J&S.. Ordered mine today and also got 10% off. Yes the jack is a little expensive but my bike deserves to be supported by quality US made products.The yellow Craftsman went back to the store as I felt it was just too shakey and the small ram with it's fast decent made me a little uncomfortableGuess Sears jacks are alright for some and will do the job but I can't help feel it's like wearing cheap sandles on a rainy day while dressed in a full body rain suit.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's just a little follow-up on the J&S cycle jack I just received..

It's obvious that the people at J&S built this jack with the complete stable security of an 800 Lb + motorcycle in mind! Although the jack ended up costing a total of 327.00 delivered to my door it is a supior piece of equipment.... Not just something to stick under a motorcycle to raise it for wheel cleaning.. This jack is built for real cycle maintenance work where a sound and stable platform is needed.

Yes, I've owned several bikes and several cycle jacks and yes the "other jacks did perform" but only as lifting units for tempary needs... (Never really felt comfortable lifting and holding a 20000.00 bike with them) they were shakey and would wobble.

Several years back I did own a Pitbull bike jack.... It was a good sound unit also but, I sold it with the bike...

Later buying another Roadking I didn't want to invest in another costly jack like the Pitbull so I played around with the Loran and Craftsman.... Loran was junk from the get-go... Craftsman (red) was working but marginal Sold the bike and the jack again!...

This time around I bought an Ultra and again was looking for a good jack at a value so bought the Craftsman (yellow) jack this time.. Stuck it under the Ultra and jacked her up.. Yes it worked but wobble wobble ..... I had a pit in my stomach knowing a 20000.00 ULTRA was under the care of 130.00 china made jack. Back toSears it went.

Deceided to NOT TAKE SHORT CUTS or cut corners with a value priced jack.. Took the leap and bought the J&S ... Huge difference! Extreemly pleased and comfortable with the bike on it. The old saying is true for me that"You get what you pay for".

Cut-rate priced jacksthat are usually made overseas are marketed items for the general consumer..... We as Harley owners are not "general consumers" otherwise would we spend so much on a Harley when a rice burner would get you there too?!

J&S cycle jack is about twice as much in cost but 20 times the jack....(in my opnion) and will outlast any jack made in china in resale value and in performance.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Lifts