Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Bright Ass Lights Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 06:02 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bright *** Lights Questions

I have a couple of questions for anyone who has, or has knowkedge of, "Bright *** Lights"

http://www.brightasslights.com/

1.) Is the 4 LED version more than bright enough to get those @#!% tail gaters off my a$$?

2.) Can you (or your ol' lady...ol' man) change settings on the fly (While riding)?

3.) Are there any other anti-tail gater products out there that compare?

Thanks
-clutch-

Old 12-24-2009, 07:40 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I've read the 4 LED is the brightest on the market. You can change the patterns with a supplied magnet, I believe. I don't think there is anything else on the market that is brighter than the BAL tail lights. Worth every penny IMO.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Not E'nuff Harley
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchglass

3.) Are there any other anti-tail gater products out there that compare?

Thanks
-clutch-

How about one of these! I'd damn sure back off!

Attached Thumbnails Bright Ass Lights Questions-flamethrower.jpg  
Old 12-24-2009, 11:29 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

As it comes no you can't change the patterns on the fly, there is an optional switch hook up that might allow for that. Then you would have to know all the patterns so you don't change it to something that gets you pulled over (Parade Modes).

It's very bright and I think worth every penny, completely plug and play and works without issue even with the HD signal/tail light module. I ride mainly during the day and it's much brighter than stock but it does not have the same effect as riding during the night causing people to really back-off.

BTW I have the BAL-1

Old 12-25-2009, 09:19 AM
clutchglass
Road Master
Default switch kit

I thought there was a switch kit too. The desription for the taillight reads like that....but I don't see the kit listed for sale.

Out here in cali there is some GREAT country riding....but I don't take blind curves faster than the posted speed....the end result is idiots in cages riding my ***. I want something to MAKE them backoff, and this thing looks to be great...I just don't see a switch kit listed??? Thanks
-clutch-

Originally Posted by EricD10563
As it comes no you can't change the patterns on the fly, there is an optional switch hook up that might allow for that. Then you would have to know all the patterns so you don't change it to something that gets you pulled over (Parade Modes).

It's very bright and I think worth every penny, completely plug and play and works without issue even with the HD signal/tail light module. I ride mainly during the day and it's much brighter than stock but it does not have the same effect as riding during the night causing people to really back-off.

BTW I have the BAL-1

Old 12-25-2009, 01:03 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

They don't seem to sell the kit, what is provided is an extra wire to wire a switch if you want but you will have to provide your own switch. I wrote them in the past and they are very good at answering any of your questions, shoot them an email they will answer your questions.

I took this from their website:

"Wired input for remote controllers (to change patterns)."

When I get a chance will look for my instruction sheet to find the directions.

Last edited by EricD10563; 12-25-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 12-25-2009, 05:41 PM
1lowsporty
Cruiser

Friend of mine installed on his bike this past Oct. Took only minutes to install,that is one BRIGHT taillight! His flashes a couple times,then goes solid. Even at the price he paid at the dealer-worth every penny.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:29 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Default Thanks Man

Eric,
Thanks for the info. This settles it...I'm getting one. It seems like you almost never find a product that EVERYONE is happy with...but this seems to be it. I don't think I've spoken with anyone on here who bought one and was sorry. The closest I've heard to a complaint was someone talking about friends not wanting to ride behind them at night.
-clutch-

Originally Posted by EricD10563
They don't seem to sell the kit, what is provided is an extra wire to wire a switch if you want but you will have to provide your own switch. I wrote them in the past and they are very good at answering any of your questions, shoot them an email they will answer your questions.

I took this from their website:

"Wired input for remote controllers (to change patterns)."

When I get a chance will look for my instruction sheet to find the directions.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:50 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

I'll be buying one soon too. It'll probably be my next purchase.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:21 PM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

I have the 4 LED on two of my bikes. At this year's Angel Ride I a guy sitting at a table next to me lean over and say, "That is one bright *** light on your bike. I saw it on the way in here while in the line".

Then, on the way home another biker pulled up next to me at the light and said, "That is the brightest tail light I have ever seen. It almost blinded me".

I have had other comments, but when people recognize me because the remember how bright the tail light on my bike is I feel it is doing it's job.

I think they are a great product.

Quick Reply: Bright Ass Lights Questions