Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Modifying Forward Controls for Short Riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Beefcake
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifying Forward Controls for Short Riders

Hey Fellas!

I've got Kuryakyn forward controls with stirrups on my 95 softail. I also happen to be a shorter rider 5'8", so I have a short inseam. In order to get good foot placement on the controls, I have to sit really close to the base of my gas tanks. Plus, I have a tough time reaching the foot break without picking my foot up off the controls.

Do they make floor boards for forward controls? I need a bigger platform for a little more comfort while riding plus I need a foot break that is shorter and easier to reach? Is it possible to move the controls closer to me or do they make floor boards for forward controls?

Thanks for your help!

Old 05-25-2005, 06:28 PM
SCBGR
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Modifying Forward Controls for Short Riders

check out bubbas brake. they make extended floorboard. But they are typically set up for taller riders. You might want to consider stock controls.

http://www.bubbasbrake.com

Old 05-27-2005, 02:59 AM
bullet
3rd Gear

I recently had forward controls installed on my 05 FXDI and it is just too much of a stretch. Even with reach seats it causes problems with reach for brake and air cleaner clearance for right leg. Had them move back to mid control region and install engine guards instead. From one short rider to another - Happy with new comfort zone and all in all, I am still on a Harley!! Hope you can resolve the reach issue. I would consider comfort over controls though.

Good luck! 95 Softail - nice ride!

Old 05-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Beefcake
Tourer

Thanks for the feedback. I just bought mini-floorboards from Kuryakyn. Theyr'e called the mini iso wings. They have the largest surface area of any of Kuryakyn's other footpegs at 5"x5". Plus, they have adapters to adjust the positioning of the controls.

We'll see how those work out. I hear they are REALLY comfortable and look cool as hell. Putting full-sized floor boards on forward controls looks pretty ugly IMHO.