Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Turtle Wax's "ICE" product

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009 | 08:15 PM
tphillips
|
Road Warrior
Thumbs up Turtle Wax's "ICE" product

Just tried the new "iCE" line of Turtle Wax products on my car (2001 Audi A6 and 2006 S4) and, because of the great results, kept going on my 2005 Ultra.

They have the traditional clay bar, as well as a new "Liquid Clay Bar" product that takes off the paint blemishes and imperfections and sets it up for the ICE Polish produt.

After doing the entire bike (all painted parts) with the Liquid Clay Bar, I washed it according to directions, dried it, and applied the ICE polish. Wow!!!! It is a new kind of product that can be applied in the sun, and doesn't turn powdery on drying. It is an icredible finish that looks wet when done. All I can say is that everyone has commented on the finish of both cars and the bike (sorry, no pix) and it was easy to do. Since then, all 3 vehicles have been subjected to rain and bugs, and they all come off very easily due to slick, smooth finish.

No, I'm not a rep for Turtle Wax -- but I believe in passing the good word along on a product that offers such good returns on the investment!

Enjoy.............

Old 04-28-2009 | 08:51 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Try it on the black plastic on your inner faring....want to see WOW....just don't put it on chrome.

Old 04-29-2009 | 07:17 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member

I like the stuff...

Old 04-29-2009 | 07:41 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

A guy at work was just talking about the ICE line Monday night...he has a show car and that's what he uses. I'll have to give it a try.

Old 04-29-2009 | 07:50 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man

Maybe I got a bad bottle or something but this stuff does nothing for me. When I a apply it it jsut beads up and never hazes like the bottle says it should. It a thin clear liquid like rainX and I have no idea how it could ever polish anything.

Old 04-29-2009 | 09:42 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

great stuff - i use it - no wax residue left and what a shine it gives. works great on plastic too. makes bug removal on fairing with just a damp cloth. no hard washing required.

easy to apply and no hard buffing required.

i can also add i use Simple Green glass cleaner for the chrome - no streakes and removes grease and road grime and gives off a great shine too.

Old 04-30-2009 | 12:26 PM
tphillips
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ken thompson
Maybe I got a bad bottle or something but this stuff does nothing for me. When I a apply it it jsut beads up and never hazes like the bottle says it should. It a thin clear liquid like rainX and I have no idea how it could ever polish anything.
Hmmm... Did you shake it up well? The stuff wiped on, but it did take a while to dry to a haze (I thought it was due to the humidity we have here in Houston), but despite that it wiped off easily and left behind a great, smooth finish.

And +1 on the above-referenced suggestion for using it on the plastic inside the fairing...it turned out great!

Old 04-30-2009 | 04:20 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Old 04-30-2009 | 05:26 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

I did my truck with Ice.

Easy on (never did haze) and easy off without any residue.

The downside is that it didn't last very long before needing another application.

I switched back to Turtle Platinum paste.

Sammi

Old 08-02-2009 | 03:33 PM
GROWLNTA
Cruiser

Ice is probally some of the worst stuff I have used... the durability is like 2 washes... im sorry I dont see how you think it protects anything when its completely gone after 2 washes... i used 2 times and tossed the rest in the trash... also any product that claims its all in one is a STAY AWAY from me product... i prefer most of the zaino line and Chemical guys line... and liquid clay bar is also a joke... stick with the NORMAL clay bar for results.... if you want my honest opinion stick with any products that DONT COME OFF THE SHELF....

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax's "ICE" product