Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Mr Clean Autodry Car/Motorcycle Wash

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:01 PM
rgerber
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mr Clean Autodry Car/Motorcycle Wash

All I use is the the old leaf blower if had for years....can't figure out why I should pay for one of those "motorcycle specific" ones for big bucks. Too bad the Mr. Clean didn't work out for 'ya...

Old 06-29-2005, 05:56 PM
V2 Bagger
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The leaf blower did a great job.

Another use for your Mr. Clean, washing the dog. Thin down your dogs shampoo to the same vescosity as the mr. c soap. Suds up the pooch, give em a rubbin, and rinse. A bath only takes a few minutes, and they dry spot free.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:36 AM
2_up_FXDI
Cruiser

Bought the MC Auto Dry Pro today.. Before the wife was done getting the water out from the lil "pool" on the exhaust side of my motor, I had the wax on it. That MC Auto Dry Pro is a REAL time saver. Thanks for the tip guys!

Old 07-23-2005, 03:59 AM
mspomer
5th Gear

Just a word of caution. If you use a high power or commercial leaf blower they can suck dust into the blower before it blows out onto your bike so make sure it's not windy or you'll run the risk of putting fine scratches in your paint.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:15 PM
ezglider
Cruiser

Hey all. I figure bringing up an older post is better than starting a new one about the same thing.

I'm just reading through the cleaning tips and this MC wash looks great. A couple questions for you veteran cleaners. I've only had my scoot for a couple weeks now and I'm trying to work out the best way to clean it.

1. I noticed in the MC ad I read it says "Simply set the AutoDryâ„¢ unit to rinse and spray down your car, then set dial to soap and spray car, wash with sponge or mitt, rinse again, then set the dial to AutoDry spray entire car with de-ionized water from water filter ". My question is how do you tell if your water is ionized or not?? What if you don't use de-ionozed water?

2. Do you use it to wash the whole bike (seat and wheels) with the cleaner?

3. How would you rate this product vs. the S100 total bike cleaner and a leaf blower?

4. What kind of hose pressure do you use? I know this sounds funny but I just want to make sure I'm not hurting the bike at all.

Thanks.

Old 04-11-2006, 04:09 PM
QT Hush
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been using it for a year, and it works well.

Old 04-11-2006, 04:19 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I think I have one downstairs. I'll use it next time I wash her. Just did the first full bath the other day. I wanst looking forward to the crying process even with a leaf blower. It took a little longe than I thought it would, but it worked great. Now I have something else to try. Thnaks guys. I better go dirty her up a bit first.

Old 06-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Groundhog
Advanced

My .02$ worth...I bought one right after they came out specifically to wash the bike. I have well water and it has a very high mineral content and after a wash the bike would be spotted horribly (Black) . The Mr. Clean machine worked very well, especially in conjunction with the leaf blower. I'll get a handful of spots, but they are very few and a great improvement over straight well water. I DO have to change the filter every wash or at the minimum every other wash. If I try to get the recommended number of washes out of a filter, I get spots coming back pretty bad by the third wash. Wal-mart usually has all the soap and filters at a good price. Not 100% spot free as advertised but pretty darned close.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:50 PM
guitarenigma
Cruiser

O.K., so maybe it's not perfect, but it did take about 75% less time to clean the bike than a bucket, hose, and towels. I used a microfiber sponge and was impressed with the results. Haven't used it on the cage, but I would definitely have to recommend it for the bike.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Wow,

I started this thread in April of 05, 2 months after joining the forum. Can't believe I'm still selling these things for WalMart. I should get some kinda kick back. Still using mine. My water is better than guitarenigma's so mine is 100% spot free and I get 6-10 washes between changing filters.

Quick Reply: Mr Clean Autodry Car/Motorcycle Wash