Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Daytona carbon fiber helmets

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 06:43 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Daytona carbon fiber helmets

Has anybody heard of these or owned one. It is a carbon fiber 1/2 helmet made by a company called Daytona helmets. They look just the ones everybody has been talking about on this forum, but they are on sale at leather lollipop.com for $107. I like the helmets at carbonfiberhelmets.com but I think the $185 is just a little steep for me.The Daytona helmets are also DOT approved
Clap

Old 04-09-2006, 03:38 AM
Hog_fever
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daytona carbon fiber helmets

Hi Clap,
I saw one of the daytona helmets at my local HD dealer recently. Very nice helmet and the styrofoam liner was about half the thickness of a regular DOT helmet. I was going to order a helmet from carbonfiberhelmets.com till I seen this one from daytona. Didn't get to try one on yet cause they only had a small, (I need the x-large bubble head model). Anyway, at almost half the cost, the daytona looks very interesting.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:13 AM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Hog Fever How do they feel weight wise. Do you think they would be similar in weight to the carbofiber.com helmets.I have been reading about carbonfiber.com and they have a great exchange program and come with three different head bands for a better fit. I hate to spend the extra money if I don't have to but it might be worth the extra to get the best fit and the lightest lid.
Thanks for your responce Clap

Old 04-12-2006, 12:54 PM
jhnmflr
Outstanding HDF Member

Have had my carbonfiberhelmet.com 1/2 for apx 6 months now and love . It fell off my ehad once doing about 60 ( my fault , didn't have it strapped right ) . Contacted them and they said if i sent it in they would xray it for me for free. I didn't but it was very nice of them to offer . Anyway very cool and light and I now wear a helmet most of the time .

Old 06-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Alamo
Advanced

I own a helmet from carbonfiberhelmet.com and love it. It's light weight and doesn't catch as much wind. I dropped it and put a spider in the shell. Sent it back to carbon fiber and they replaced it for free. Good people and good product. Wished it were DOT though.

Old 06-04-2006, 07:04 PM
2006 Street Glide4me
Advanced

I have one of the carbonfiberhelmets.com and love it. I used to always fight with myself when I rode, to wear a helmet or not to wear a helmet. I think the argument was "be comfortable or not be comfortable". The carbonfiberhelmets.com helmet is unbelievably light and comfortable and I actually prefer riding with it than without now. Ditto on the three inserts advantage, you can get it to fit your head PERFECT with one of these three inserts.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:10 PM
DeuceHD01
Cruiser

new to the forum, I agree !!!! Bought a Carbon DOT Gloss black this spring and road all the way to Daytona. Beats the Skid Lid I used to wear. At $185 they are pricy, but my head is priceless.

Old 06-24-2006, 11:03 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

I compared an ACC to a Daytona at a local dealer. The ACC looked to be of much better construction, the Daytona looked like it wasn't much more than a thicker novelty helmet.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:08 AM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You've convinced me that the Daytona is the way to go! I'll post a review in 2 weeks when it arives. For $105, why not? Can't be too bad for the price right?
ORIGINAL: Street_Dennis

.........the Daytona looked like it wasn't much more than a thicker novelty helmet.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:19 AM
HDGreyRider
Cruiser

Did you get a helmet? Which one and how is it?
I'm leaning toward the Nexl, but the ACC has me ret hinking my decision.

ORIGINAL: fl_799

You've convinced me that the Daytona is the way to go! I'll post a review in 2 weeks when it arives. For $105, why not? Can't be too bad for the price right?
ORIGINAL: Street_Dennis

.........the Daytona looked like it wasn't much more than a thicker novelty helmet.

Quick Reply: Daytona carbon fiber helmets