Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Boogey Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 03:45 PM
customdave
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Boogey Lights

LED accent lights are certainly not for everyone, but there is a growing number of people installing them. LEDs also have alot of other uses on motorcycles, good quality LED turn signals and tailights can help you be seen and also illuminate much faster than incadescent bulbs. The laws on LED accent lights vary from state to state, typicaly there are not problems with blue and red even in the states
that they are illegal if they are not strobing and they are not forward facing. The quality of LED accents lights varys, as does the cost.
There are two types of LEDs accent lights in use today - surface discharge and discrete. The discrete LEDs that Boogey and other companies like us sell use the discrete LEDs. The newer do it your self installation kits are really easy to install, a seperate independent circuit is created off the battery, and with the newer adhesive lined heat shrink tubing there is no requirement to solder.Thanks Dave

Old 07-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Jular2
Road Captain

Here are my Boogey Lights

Name:  IMG_0417.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  70.6 KB

Old 11-15-2006, 12:06 AM
woodeyewetzel
Tourer

I have their lights on my Ultra. Great product and easy to install

Old 11-15-2006, 12:23 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Pay attention to colors, and local law.

Where I live, neon (led's, et al) are NOT illegal, provided that the neon tube or the bulb itself is NOT visible. The only colors you can't use on the street are red (unless your talking about auxiliary brake/tail-lights/rear-side marker lights) or blue.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:45 PM
woodeyewetzel
Tourer

I have them on my dresser and they are great. They are east to install or you can wait until Daytona and the National dealer will be there. As far as these guys making fun I can honestly say that they have saved my life twice. Stand out at nite and help the 4 wheelers see you not to mention the 18 wheelers. If you have any questions email me

Old 12-05-2006, 11:53 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Hyper Strips from Custom Dynamics. Very pleased with products. I did cut off the supplied connecting ends and used different. Check em out. [8D]

Old 12-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

I'm torn between the fact that they're totally ghetto, but I think I'd like them on my Dyna for cruising on a cool summer night. I could always switch them off when I'm around you hardcore guys. [:@]

Old 01-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Lynlaine
Intermediate

I live in Florida, not too far from Daytona, and ride all the time. I've seen many bikes with the lights and am now thinking of getting some. I've never seen them on the road. Just at the biker bars, in the corrals where all the bikes are parked.

I'd just be careful with the installation. I've seen some really nice looking bikes/lights where the lights show off the bike very nicely and I've seen some really bad installs (where the special effect is lost and it just looks like they slapped a few lights on their bike in a hurry and without any thought).

Old 02-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Phil K
Road Captain

Used to think the led's were pretty tacky,but,i gotta admit,they've started to grow on me and i am seriously considering them for my Bob. Guess i'll just have to grin and bare it around the hardcore haters!

Old 02-07-2007, 01:55 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I put them on my 05 FXDWGi. Looks cool with a red glow coming around the motor. Like most things they can be way over done. Saw a guy with lights that changed colors and flashing speeds with a remote control, now that's a little crazy. But anyway, I got a set for les than $70 that I like. Easy install.