Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

EAR PHONES

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 07:56 PM
wfdmedic8
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EAR PHONES

When I was at Biketoberfest I ran across a stand that was making custom fit ear phones. Does anyone out there have any info on this company??? I think the name was "earplugz" or something like that.
-RANDY

Old 03-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Toytech
Tourer
Default RE: EAR PHONES

Do you mean head sets or ear plugs for noise reduction?

Joe

Old 03-19-2006, 03:55 PM
wfdmedic8
Cruiser

Ear phones, I would like to listen to IPOD on long rides. I think the name of the company was earplugz

Old 03-22-2006, 10:36 AM
rlmcruiser
Advanced

I bought some Etymotic ER-4P ($249) for my Ipod last year. They are In-Ear-Monitors (IEM) I love them!

This is copy from http://www.headphone.com/

These headphones are very small and inserted into the ear, but they are nothing like earbuds. They provide the best seal from outside sound of any headphone, often in excess of 20 dB of isolation. Also because of the seal, precise acoustic coupling to the eardrum can be employed, and some IEMs are among the world’s best sounding headphones.
They also have the ER-6i ($109) that were developed for the Ipod. Cheaper units that work great. (bought some for the wife for a couple of months ago)

This style of "headphone" has two types of seals. One is a soft rubber and the other is foam. The foam is same as the foam used in the safety earplugs. You crush it before inserting in the ear then it expands to the form of your ear. I use them both flying and riding. I wear a full faced helmet and they fit just fine.

Headphone.com is a great company to work with also. You can try them out and return them if you find them too uncomfortable. Strange feeling at first. Just remember to read the rules for returning before you try them out. I sent back the first ones I bought and exchanged them for the ones I have now. The ones I bought of the wife arrived in 2 days. Quick. Free shipping.

Oh yea, if you have the funds....can you say rich? Here are your cans (headphones).
http://www.headphone.com/products/he...-ue-10-pro.php
Custom molded for your ear and a bargin at $900.00

Take care and be safe.

Morgan

Old 03-23-2006, 01:06 PM
customrk05
Intermediate

I think the company you are talking about is in Marietta, GA. They were at the Intl' Motorcycle Show this past weekend. I picked up one of their cards, but can't find it, sorry, But like I said, I'm pretty sure they were in Marietta.

Hopes this helps.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:06 PM
nscrbug
Cruiser

This is the place I got mine from:

http://www.plugup.com/

I too, got them at a booth at the Int'l Motorcycle Show. However, I opted for just the plugs...no speakers. I may get the speakers down the road someday. If they work as good as the regular custom plugs do, they will be well worth the money.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:13 PM
dastark
Road Master

I agree with Morgan. I've got the Etymotic ER6's. They're great. Hooked to X.M. satellite. I ride a Fatboy with a 103, and 2-1 part baffle pipe and the music perfectly clear. Just keep it down. You want to hear what's going on around you. Don't mean to lecture. I'm a dad and habits are hard to break.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:06 AM
toadmanor
Road Captain

Try earinc.com

I got them and love them

Old 08-01-2006, 05:22 PM
fatdave
Advanced

Check out the Shure EC2's. They come with several types of covers (not sure what to call them) for the earphones. I use the foam type and they block out background noise and sound great. It's the foam like the roll up and stick in your ear noise blocking earplugs. The EC2's are about 100 bucks at Best Buy and the EC3's,4's and 5's go up in price from there.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are any of these compatible with half helmets? I'm really looking for a two-up communication system with inputs for an Ipod but will settle for decent earphones until I kind what I want.