Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

corbin Young Guns Saddle??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 05:59 PM
PhatHarley4Me
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corbin Young Guns Saddle??

Looking for pictures and opinions from current and past users of the Young Gun Saddle. I'm looking to replace my seat on my Fat Boy. The S.E. comes with a solo seat but after my recent trip to Daytona from Miami, I'm convinced I need to change. It's better than the standard Fatboy seat. The excitement of being my 1st road trip trip with this scooter kept my mind off the slight discomfort after the 1st 2hrs. Anyway, I'll keep both and use the stock seat for local riding and pop on the Young gun for road trip (Coco Beach, Florida). I like the look of the Young Gun. It looks to have good support for the lower back and gives a lower profile, which is good for me since I'm vertically challenged (5'4). I also like the fact that I have a little pad for my occasional "Female bike candy" riders.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Old 03-19-2005, 02:39 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: corbin Young Guns Saddle??

cant go wrong with a corbin, they feel hard when u sit on em but the longer you ride the better you butt feels, check out e-bay you can run into a great deal there! try it under harley-davidson softail seat!

Old 03-23-2005, 01:22 PM
samson
Stage I

I just picked up one of the Young Guns saddle not to long ago and I love it. The feel of the seat is harder them most but it forms to your back side giving you much more comfort. I own two corbin seats, The young gun and a duel touring seat ( only used if the old lady is going) the young gun saddle is on at all other times. For Being 5'4" you may want to look at the Corbin Close Gunfighter seats, they are thinnier and narrower, and put you a a little more forward on the bike. Hope this helped. Here's what the young guns seat looks like on my bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1740/85D4F6092F694428A9746A4509A30776.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-23-2005, 03:36 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did your new saddle lower or raise you seating position. Corbin told me that although the "Close" seats moved you forward, that i'D still sit higher than with a stock Harley seat. BTW, I'm still looking at the BAR Hitchhiker. They say that it will sit lower than the H-D seat and they will custom build it so that the front is narrower. One of my local Harley mechanics, really helped me to understand how important a narrow front can be to a short rider. Your legs don't stick out as wide so you're standing more flat footed and comfortable.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,823 Likes on 802 Posts

ORIGINAL: AceArt

Did your new saddle lower or raise you seating position. Corbin told me that although the "Close" seats moved you forward, that i'D still sit higher than with a stock Harley seat. BTW, I'm still looking at the BAR Hitchhiker. They say that it will sit lower than the H-D seat and they will custom build it so that the front is narrower. One of my local Harley mechanics, really helped me to understand how important a narrow front can be to a short rider. Your legs don't stick out as wide so you're standing more flat footed and comfortable.
So when you talk to BAR about that seat (which I am also considering), do you tell them your inseam, height, etc... measurements, and they can build the seat from there?

Thanks.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

On the past two hds I have owned I had a Gunfighter on the 92 softal custom and a classic solo on the Road Glide. Now I just bought a Corbin Fast Gunfighter. It is very comfortable for being so low profile and gives decent back support. As you can tell I am a corbin fan and always will be.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:46 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Clammy

So when you talk to BAR about that seat (which I am also considering), do you tell them your inseam, height, etc... measurements, and they can build the seat from there?

Thanks.

Cheers!
It's not a totally custom made seat. I gave them my height, weight and inseam and they made suggestions on how they could modify their seat somewhat and how their seats sat vs. Harley's. Talk to them. Nice people. I haven't ruled out Corbin, but am leaning towards BAR...but evrythin really comes down to a matter of personal preference. If Corbin hadn't told me that their seat sits higher than the stock factory, I prob. wouldn't even have called BAR. There's just too many good things said about Corbins.

Old 03-24-2005, 12:52 AM
BBRC
6th Gear

I orderd gunfighter close this monday
sould have it next week if you want all give you my
impression when i get it and sit on it.
I am 5'4 to i put a lowering kit to on my fatboy.
But wont be able to give riding info its still winter here[sm=boosign.gif]

Old 03-24-2005, 03:27 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,823 Likes on 802 Posts

ORIGINAL: AceArt
It's not a totally custom made seat. I gave them my height, weight and inseam and they made suggestions on how they could modify their seat somewhat and how their seats sat vs. Harley's. Talk to them. Nice people. I haven't ruled out Corbin, but am leaning towards BAR...but evrythin really comes down to a matter of personal preference. If Corbin hadn't told me that their seat sits higher than the stock factory, I prob. wouldn't even have called BAR. There's just too many good things said about Corbins.
Cool man. Thanks!

Cheers!