Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Wiley-X Skyee Riding Glasses Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:52 PM
arthur
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Wiley-X Skyee Riding Glasses Review

Couple weeks ago I got a pair of Wiley X Skyee Polarized for riding. Wanted a pair of polycarb-shatterproofs that would fit into my full-face helmet.

These have been really good. The curved eye-pieces have no foam inserts which I did not want, but curve in enough on all sides to significantly reduce wind relative my regular wrap-around sun glasses.

The fit well into my helmet, no pinching or riding up on my face due to the compression from the helmet. Not to sure how they'd be with a shorty helut -probably be better off with goggles. There are optically clear and have good allowance for peripheral vision and were 125 on-line.

Highly recommended.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:15 PM
girlslikechef
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wiley-X Skyee Riding Glasses Review

I would not recommended wiley-x to anyone out their...I have used them in real world situations..On the streets of Iraq...Very poor quality...Fog almost all the time...

Old 08-01-2008, 01:18 PM
girlslikechef
Tourer

Continued...Scratch very easy....Oakley eyewear is the only way to go...Only eyewear I will use..Sold for life on oakley eyewear...

Old 08-01-2008, 01:21 PM
girlslikechef
Tourer

Go with the Oakley M-frames..You will thank me later...

Old 10-07-2008, 09:11 AM
BigBuddy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by girlslikechef
I would not recommended wiley-x to anyone out their...I have used them in real world situations..On the streets of Iraq...Very poor quality...Fog almost all the time...
I assume the Wiley X glasses you are refering to is the SG-1 model since they are the ones std issue to the military. I don't doubt that they fog in the application that you refer to (Iraq military use), but they are AWESOME for riding. I have noticed a small amount of fogging when stopped, but all I have to do is pull them slightly away from my face until I get going again. Any foam backed riding glasses will have this issue. For the price the SG-1s are the best riding glasses that I've owned, and I've owned several brands. Plus they fit my fat head!!

I can't comment on your Oakley option, but if they are priced like most Oakleys you can buy about 3 to 4 pair of the SG-1 glasses for what it costs to buy the Oakleys.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:28 PM
FLHTCUI05
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not owned any except Wiley X but like them very well. Will fog a little while stopped but not bad. Would buy another pair when needed.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:05 AM
mofaster
Advanced

Wiley-X even redesigned the military standard issue set. The SG-1 is a great riding goggle, Oakley makes great glasses, but no riding goggle. They also discontinued the 80's styled m-frame...

Old 11-16-2008, 03:50 AM
harleridr
Cruiser

I like my SG-1s. I have two pairs, one clear, one polarized. I cut 1/4 in. slot in the top & bottom foam it sure helped with the fogging.
grump

Old 11-16-2008, 11:17 PM
ky_ace
Road Master

Originally Posted by harleridr
I like my SG-1s. I have two pairs, one clear, one polarized. I cut 1/4 in. slot in the top & bottom foam it sure helped with the fogging.
grump
Should send that in to them... maybe they'll update the design and throw you some change!!

On other news, I have tried a set of MAXX glasses and they're about $30 instead of $125... I was impressed with their ability in "at speed" conditions. As with any foam glasses, they suck when you're sitting still for an extended period of time...

BM

Last edited by ky_ace; 11-16-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:10 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i got em... transistion lenses rock!!!!! love these glasses!

Quick Reply: Wiley-X Skyee Riding Glasses Review