Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Windvest

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:00 PM
08fatboy
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windvest

Has anyone used the windvest windshield, or know of anyone using one. I know a guy who doesn't have a bike any longer and asked me if I'd like his like new 14" windvest. I ride a 2008 HD Fatboy and don't know how it will look or if it works.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Velobob
Advanced
Default RE: Windvest

My buddy has one on his Fat Boy. He likes it because it takes the beating from his chest and it doesn't disrupt the look of the bike like a big windshield would. Also, it can be removed pretty quickly.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:07 PM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer

Live2Ride has one. Message him or check out softail custom picture post. He talks about it there.

Mike

Old 04-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Sundance62
Stage III

The good guys out at Livermore H-D in NorCal let me put a WindVest on my '04 Fatboy, and try it out on the freeway for myself. I had heard very good things about WindVest from others, but my experience was it didn't block enough wind to be a good as a taller windshield (predictable) and wasn't really much better looking either - sort of the worst of both worlds, neither fish nor fowl. I'm 6'2", so my height may have made it tough for a small screen to be as effective, but regardless of adjustment, the wind ended up hitting me flush in the face rather than on top of the helmet. I also thought the WindVest mounting brackets were bulkier than the HD ones.

I'm not knocking the product, it certainly appears well made and has many fans, but I'm glad I tried it first...your mileage may vary!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:28 PM
gangster
Stage I

I had a 14" windvest on my 2004 Fat Boy. I'm 5' 5 " and it still allowed a lot of buffing to my sunglasses and helmet, no matter how I adjusted it. However, it did look pretty good on the bike. I have since sold the Fat Boy and bought a Fat Bob. Windvest currently is having trouble making a mount for the Fat Bob, so I purchased a compact-low profile HD windshield. I am very pleased with it. It looks pretty good and it only allows very minimal wind to hit my helmet. To me, it is more functinal than the Windvest, but may not look as good if you compare bikes side by side. The moral to the story is...you give up looks for function and vise-a-versa.

Ride safe.[sm=biker.gif]

Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 PM
ZChan
Cruiser

MY buddy had the WindVest on his last 2 bikes (Sportster and Nighttrain). He loved them. I put one of them on my VRod and enjoyed it for 30k miles. I wish I would have gotten one for my FatBob, because I hate the Harley shield.
WindVest has taller and wider shields too.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:17 PM
CAPTAMERACA
Advanced

WINDVEST WILL BE AT LOS BANOS INSTEAD OF HOLLISTER THIS YEAR. I TALKED TO DOUG TUESDAY. CUSTOM LICENSE PLATE FRAMES WILL BE THERE ALSO.&nbsp\\;LOS BANOS IS&nbsp\\;GOING TO BE ALOT BETTER THAN HOLLISTER.&nbsp\\;ONE GOOD THING THING IS THEY'RE ONLY 40 MILES APART. BIKE GAMES, CAMPING, SHOW N SHINE, BANDS. YOU CAN DO BOTH.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; SEE YA THERE

Old 09-23-2010, 04:47 PM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gangster
I had a 14" windvest on my 2004 Fat Boy. I'm 5' 5 " and it still allowed a lot of buffing to my sunglasses and helmet, no matter how I adjusted it. However, it did look pretty good on the bike. I have since sold the Fat Boy and bought a Fat Bob. Windvest currently is having trouble making a mount for the Fat Bob, so I purchased a compact-low profile HD windshield. I am very pleased with it. It looks pretty good and it only allows very minimal wind to hit my helmet. To me, it is more functinal than the Windvest, but may not look as good if you compare bikes side by side. The moral to the story is...you give up looks for function and vise-a-versa.

Ride safe.[sm=biker.gif]
I like the looks of the HD low profile windshield and plan to go that route when I finally do buy one.