Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Custom Moldable Earplugs

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
lownloud
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Moldable Earplugs

I saw these at the bike show and watched as people sat and had them made at the show. Not wanting to pay the HIGH price at the show, I looked for my own and found these. They are do it yourself custom moldable ear plugs.
I got them, read the instructions and made my own set of earplugs that fit my ear perfectly.
Some people might be scared to mold these themselves but I pushed and pushed and it did not go to far into my ear.
After 15 minutes I popped em out and there they were.
I use them all the time.
I can still hear important things around me, including the pipes.
They block out the unwanted wind noise.
They reduce noise by 26 Decibels.
I'm going to get another pair and mold them around my headphones for the ipod.
For the price, you can afford to make a few pairs and use em at work or other places.
I got em here
www.stuffforriders.com

Old 12-22-2007, 06:08 PM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain
Default RE: Custom Moldable Earplugs

WHY?

I GUESS TO ME THE WIND NOISE, PIPES AND COWS MOOING IS WHAT RIDING IS ALL ABOUT.....

LIFE AS IN RIDING.....IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION...IT'S THE JOURNEY!!!

Old 12-22-2007, 09:15 PM
BruceHarrisJr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jeff, I appreciate your emotions and all; but excessive wind noise will make you loose a significant amount of your hearing ability. I'm fifty-five years old and have been riding since I was twelve. In the early years I always wore a helmet and still do but no ear plugs; didn't know better. I am now better educated and wear custom molded earpieces every mile I ride. I also wear hearing aids (not while riding) due to loss of high pitch hearing from excessive wind noise. Do yourself a favor and ride with high quality ear protection all the time; it will truly make riding more enjoyable for you and your passenger. Hope this helps a lettle...

Old 12-26-2007, 03:38 PM
mountian man
Cruiser

If you don't feel safe making them yourself.Alot of Gunshops make them,I got mine for $45.I know what you mean about hearing lose I have lost a lot of mine.But I can still here the cows and birds,Great idea.Merry Christmas

Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
ksscooter
Cruiser

I've had a couple custom made sets, but after losing one last summer I decided tocheck out the over the counter varieties that are out now. Hearos has a new model called Skull Screws that I found at a guitar shop and they work great, breath way better than the custom molded ones, and are softer too. A pair in a case was $6.00 or $7.00. Give them a try.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: jeffbarb17

WHY?

I GUESS TO ME THE WIND NOISE, PIPES AND COWS MOOING IS WHAT RIDING IS ALL ABOUT.....

LIFE AS IN RIDING.....IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION...IT'S THE JOURNEY!!!
wind noise blows! [:'(] either ur still fairly young or lost a portion of ur hearing already. most of my friends who shun the plugs have previoulsy lost some of their hearing ability in other ways.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:22 PM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

WELL REBELRYDER I WOULD SAY I AM NOT THAT YOUNG AT 45....BUT I PUT ON 10-15K MILES A YEAR ON LONG RIDES. MY HEARING IS FINE AND IF YOU ALL WOULD RESEARCH HEARING LOSS ON YOUR OWN INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO SALES PITCHES, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT HEARING LOSS IS DUE TO A CONSTANT LEVEL OF NOISE(90DB) THAT DOESN'T CHANGE OVER LONG PERIODS OF TIME ANDTHE MAJOR CAUSE OF HEARING LOSS IS HEALTH RELATED NOT NOISE RELATED. UNLESS YOU ARE RIDING AT THE SAME SPEED ,LOCATION,ELEVATION AND AROUND ALL THE EXACT SAME TRAFFIC FOR HOURS...WELL I GUESS YOU GUYS RIDE ALOT DIFFERENT PLACES THAN I DO...SO IT SEEMS. JUST PUNCH IN HEARING LOSS ON YAHOO AND LEARN A FEW THING ON YOUR OWN INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO OTHERS.....

JUST BECAUSE I HAVE HIGH COLESTEROL DOESN'T MEAN EVERBODY SHOULD TAKE LIPITOR....BUT I GUESS IF I WAS USING THE SAME LOGIC ANDLEVEL OF INFORMATIONAS YOU GUYS ON THE SUBJECT IASSUME THE ANSWER WOULD BE YES.....

Old 01-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ok granted ur older than me. but seems you've got some thin skin too. at 24 posts me thinks you should chill somewhat or you'll never enjoy this place.
I am impressed w/what you know about me already - please tell me more about myself! [sm=lame.gif]
I still say ur hearing is not optimal cause ur yelling at us (CAPS).

Old 01-14-2008, 08:30 AM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

NO THIN SKIN HERE, JUST A FEW MORE YEARS IN THIS WORLD TO REALIZE THAT BEFORE I GIVE MY2 CENTSON A SUBJECT I USUALLY KNOW ENOUGH TO FORM MY OWN OPINION THRU EITHER MY OWN EXPERIENCES OR KNOWLEDGE, NOT THRU LETTING SOMEONE ELSE PUTTING THEIR SPIN ON IT FOR ME. I ENJOY THIS PLACE JUST FINE AND HAVE RECEIVED GREAT INFORMATIONS ON SUBJECT BY PEOPLE WHO REALIZE PEOPLE ARE INDIVIDUAL AND DON'T PUT EVERYONE INTO THE SAME BOAT. NO YELLING HERE EITHER, JUST USING CAPS BECAUSE MY EYES AREN'T WHAT THE USED TO BE....MAYBE YOU CAN START WEARING GLASSES TOO....BECAUSE IF I CAN SPIN IT FOR YOU....EVERYONE WILL NEED THEM.

BECAUSE YOU GAVE YOURSELF THE HANDLE OF REBEL RYDER I AM SURE I KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU.....RIGHT.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
FLHTCUI05
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from the ear doctor. I have slight hearing loss and told doc I ride a motorcycle. Showed her the molded earplugs I have and told her I wear them sometimes. She said wear them every time from now on. I had the earplugs made at Myrtle Beack Bike Week a few years ago.

Quick Reply: Custom Moldable Earplugs