Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

REVIEW=Revtech DFO (TFI)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:00 PM
DragonNester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default REVIEW=Revtech DFO (TFI)

I have a Revtech DFO (also under the name of TFI) and couldn't be happier. The product is a snap to install and is half the price of a PC. There is nothing wrong with having a PC -- I'm just here touting the alternative (I've had both). I had one question for them and called the toll free number. The customer service rep connected me to tech support and that person was the inventor and owner of the company. He clearup my concern and explained in detail the difference between the two products (he should know, he also invented the PC earlier). His name is Dobeck (of Dobeck Preformance) -- a good guy with a good product line in my opnion.

Old 01-06-2006, 05:36 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts
Default RE: Revtech DFO

DragonNester,
Did you have to remove your fuel tank to install the Revtech? I'm waiting on mine to arive any day now.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:17 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

No need to remove the tank, you can just unbolt it and raise the rear up a few inches and work like that to remove the injector clips and also unlatch the wire retainer that is under the rear portion of the tank to insert the harness into it to protect it.

The DIY forum has some input on it, at the bottom of the page is the install instructions.

https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_247/tt.htm

Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member

I feel like an idiot but I can find the two injector plugs but for the life of me can't figure out where the other two plugs go. I see no other matching stock plugs. The instruction say nothing about where they go. I have an 05 Road King and acquired the revtech dfo number 601203. Did I get the wrong one?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks, Sam

Old 01-10-2006, 12:59 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member

Never mind!!! As soon as i posted above I realized that the stock injector plugs go into the extra plugs, I hope.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:55 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

That's where they go, you put the stock harness plugs into the dfo harness plugs and then the other two go onto the injectors.Doesn't make a difference which two you mate up.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:28 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks TC

Old 01-14-2006, 06:42 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member

Got it done! I used the suggested settings and the decel popping stopped. On taking off I would always feel a catch while letting the clutch out. Not anymore. Takes off very smooth and can tell that acceleration is better all through the gears. The exhaust sounds and feels a deeper rumble. Had I not found this forum I would have never known the difference.

Thanks to all of you.

Old 01-15-2006, 05:04 PM
DragonNester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't answer your question in your earlier post because I spliced mine directly to the wires and not through the plugs. So I didn't have to do anything with the gas tank. Just removed the seat and right side cover. When I saw TC step in to help I knew you were in good hands.

That catch you used to feel was an off idle stumble from a lean mixture. No more! My bike worked better from bottom to top after the install -- without spending the time or money for a Dyno tune.

Glad you're happy with it.

Old 01-19-2006, 08:31 AM
BLAZE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i got my revtech dfo from the states yesterday 7 working days to Australia from eastern performance $200.00 aussie dollars compared to the $350.00 it would of cost me
will be installing this weekend so dont be suprised if you see a post for help lmao

Quick Reply: REVIEW=Revtech DFO (TFI)