Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Best Motorcycle Magazines?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Best Motorcycle Magazines?

I am a subscriber. I like the mag a lot, but would like to see a few less unrideable choppers and some more real riding coverage.

Also, I am very upset (will edit myself here) to find that unlicensed, drunk-driving, biker killer, Billy Lane in the new issue. Unacceptable and almost worthy of a subscription cancellation.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:57 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i'am a subsriber to your mag.and have been for a few years.i do havta agree about billy lane . out side of that you got a good magazine. i like alot of on hands tech tips . i would like to see more bikes that is more for reg person and not so much custom choppers.you are doing a great job. and at time there will be flaws here and there . but that is just the way it is .i think a artist would be a great addition would be real cool. take care and thanks.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:44 AM
ultrac06
Advanced

Road Runner Magazine

Old 10-30-2007, 05:49 PM
ksscooter
Cruiser

I have subscribed to AIM but am not at the present. I like to read Rider because it covers a lot of touring and reviews motorcycling products that the Harley rags never mention. I also am getting American Rider now. I am largely sick of the "Custom" stuff and feel Harleys belong on the road not in a trailer. I ride because I like motorcycling not to show off. Every year I try to make asserious a road trip as the constraints of time allow. My Low Rider upgrades have been to improve handling, (Superbrace and Progressive), power and torque in a useful power band, brake upgrade, and lighting upgrades front and rear. I don't know if I have bought anything chrome just because it is chrome for 30 years.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

AIM is my mag of choice but I will purchase any mag that has an article of interest. One thing I don't like (not AIM) is those mag's that have Harleys and foreign bikes. I just can't get past the word "foreign".
I escpecially like the Ask Tom, Techline and Hog Helpline sections. Very informative.

Would love to see more parts/accessories testing and comparisons.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
concepi
Tourer

Buzz, I buy your mag every once in a while and prefer it over most others. have subscribed to it about 2 months ago but still no mag in the mail - invoice received though.... you may want to talk to your subscription dept - not the fastest...

Old 11-07-2007, 10:24 AM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buzz, I subscribe to 3 bike magazines. AI , Hot Bike, and the BaggerMag (can't remember if it's Hot bagger, or something like that). By FAR yours is number 1. I'd rate the Bagger mag for the photos, the tech articles leave a LOT to be desired. Hot Bike is also good for some of their articles. By the way, I think Tom Johnson is your best Tech Writer. The Canuck ain't bad, but he rattles on too much, it's hard to see where he is going in his articles, and he seldom makes recommendations.
Keep up the good work and add more BAGGERS!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
st john
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I am ready to change, I have V-Twin and Hot Bike, and drive a EG Bagger.
neither one helps. I also think that the common rider does not and can not
afford the bikes they present. I like touring and thats the type of mags i am
going to get.
Thanks for asking.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:26 AM
dunillo
6th Gear

I subscribe to Hot Bike,(was a gift) and AIM. I read your mag cover to cover, Cut out and keep techline articles....THANKS DONNY>>>Seems like general thread here is cut down on the customs and I wholeheartedly agree. Old Iron is your deal and is OK to me but I've only been riding about 10 years and some of it is "just OK".

Tech articles are great. Like the "HOW TO" as well as the in depth analysis of the systems. Saved me a bunch of time on the rebuilds I have done to my bikes. Tech content is why I keep subscribing.

Great mag. I agree with adding content to attract women riders. My wife will be taking her class this summer. I would like to see more tour routes. We get away on the bike for a few weeks to a month every year and they help.

keep it up.

2000 FXSTB 102/105 95-inch...2007 FLTRI 110-inch

Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 PM
K00LJerk
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with the consensus about the Customs, better to write articles about revitalizing old bikes. I'd also like to see more stuff about optimizing engines for better performance and gas mileage. Not everyone wants a raced out engine in the real world, more bolt on performance for people who don't have a million dollar shop. Ride reports are always welcome, how bout best rides in the metropolitan areas best routes to take to avoid the slab. Maybe even reviews of biker dives and hangouts, I'm with the others one rally is starting to look like the last. I don't subscribe to any mag right now I just pick up the freebies Thunder press and Quick Throttle.

Jerk

Quick Reply: Best Motorcycle Magazines?