Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

J&M bluetooth wireless headset

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default J&M bluetooth wireless headset

My wife just got one of J&M's wireless bluetooth headset systems the other day and it is awesome. Excellent sound quality from the headset speakers, and she listens to MP3's on her bluetooth cellphone while she's puttin' down the road. Now before ya'll start bustin my chops about someone needing a cellphone while riding, she's a nurse and is on call a lot. So quite often she was not able to ride when she wanted to because she has to be able to be reached by phone when the hospital needs her. Trying to answer a cellphone, if you could even hear it at 65 mph on a Softail, would be nearly impossible- not to mention dangerous. So, she sat at home a lot when everyone else was out riding. Bummer.

Enter J&M's wireless headset. This headset works with her cellphone so that she can ride down the road listening to music, and if the phone rings the music stops, she answers the call, then when she hangs up the music starts again- all automatically. I know some people say they don't need a cellphone when riding, but some folks (like my wife) have to be able to be reached regardless of where they are. Thanks to this headset my wife can now ride anytime she wants- which IMO is what it's all about!
For anyone who absolutely must be reachable for whatever reason, this setup is the ticket. It literally makes the difference between being able to ride your motorcycle or sitting at home bored.

An excellent quality product and reasonably priced.

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=30

Old 09-02-2007, 07:54 PM
brianandaprile
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: J&M bluetooth wireless headset

Anyone using the driver to rider intercom with the bluetooth? I understand its hardwired for the intercom andyou can use the bluetooth for music and phone. My wife and I wear fullface helmets and would like to setup some comm between us and this looks like a good option.han

Thanks.
Brian

Old 09-11-2007, 05:46 PM
ftlee20723
Cruiser

I also do not understand why J&M decided not to support intercom communication over bluetooth. There are other companies doing it. I know in my case, it cost them a sale.

Frank

Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Benchmark
Former Sponsor

Here is a similar product

It does support full duplex WIRELESS (bluetooth) intercom (on the BHS 600) which will mute the music being played via bluetooth.

Also compatible with half helmets. I haven't tried the J&M however the Camos Unit is my new favorite as it does the Hi-Fi stereo sound, and has the longest battery life on the market.

http://www.benchmarkhelmets.com/prod...h-headsets_17/