Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Aerostitch Darien Jackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 05:53 PM
toadmanor
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerostitch Darien Jackets

OK, I ride a Harley and am supposed to wear leather and ride without a helmet...I know. I do wear the leather but do wear a helmet.

For some reason I have a Jones for an Aerostitch Darien Jacket. Does anybody who rides a Harley wear one? Is it even legal to wear one while riding a Harley?

Maybe I should sell my bike and get a BMW!

Whatever should I do?

Old 10-24-2005, 08:01 PM
breaknbad
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aerostitch Darien Jackets

Stop thinking so much and go ride that beauty. (good looking bike).

If you want to, go buy a bmw to ride in the rain. Ride the harley on the sunny days.

BMW's look the same dirty or clean.

David

Old 12-28-2005, 04:54 PM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I guess I look real wierd on the Road Glide with my Roadcrafter! Aerostitch is top notch stuff you won't be disappointed. I wear it when I ride to work, I can dress decently for work don't have to worry about rain and it's got good protection if the unspeakable happens. Go for it you'll like it.

DC.
ORIGINAL: toadmanor

OK, I ride a Harley and am supposed to wear leather and ride without a helmet...I know. I do wear the leather but do wear a helmet.

For some reason I have a Jones for an Aerostitch Darien Jacket. Does anybody who rides a Harley wear one? Is it even legal to wear one while riding a Harley?

Maybe I should sell my bike and get a BMW!

Whatever should I do?

Old 08-30-2007, 08:55 PM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ride both. My 99 Road King as 114 k miles on it. My 2005 BWM R1200RT has 42 K miles on it. I commute year round, 105 miles roundtrip in northern VA. I have no problem wearing my Darien jacket and pants. Can't beat them for rain. Electrics keep me warm underneath.
BTW, it's AEROSTICH (no T).

Old 09-03-2007, 01:04 PM
leond
Cruiser

I've had the Darien jacket and pants for the last 12 years. IMO, it's my number one piece of riding gear.

I also have the fleece liner and electric vest. That makes it good from below freezing to near one hundred. Plus it's waterproof.

I went on a trip with a friend wearing leathers. Part way into the day it start to rain. We'd stop so he could put on his rain suit. It'd clear up and we'd stop so he could take off his rain suit. And repeat. And repeat.

I didn't have to change anything. The Darien just works.

And Aerostich is great to do business with. I needed a zipper replaced on the pants. When they got them for the repair, they noticed some of the seam sealing tape was pulling free. They fixed it for free under warranty. And this is on a twelve year old pair of pants.

By far the best money I've spent on riding gear.

LeonD

Old 09-03-2007, 06:45 PM
toadmanor
Road Captain

Well maybe ill get a Darian

Old 10-17-2007, 05:35 PM
s5fc3s
Stage IV

Aerostich works for me.

I've worn it on every kind of bike from sportbike to touring.

I have the hi-viz yellow full suit now, but the Darien jacket is pretty effective.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:26 AM
dstockton
Road Warrior

I'm on my second aerostitch two piece suit, worn on my sport touring bike. It's by far the best riding gear I've ever owned. This year I bought a pair of the Darrien light pants for summer riding. Once again, top notch quality and perfect for all kinds of weather. I've worn them on the Ultra Classic and I don't think they look out of place (just get it in grey or black). The only issue is it's kinda a pain to wait for all your buddies to put all their rain gear on and take it off all the time while you could just be makin time. Funny thing is, they always end up wetter than I do anyway.

I don't think you'll be dissappointed with the Darrien.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:18 AM
gunnert
Road Captain

I'm a year round rider in northern Virginia. My daily commute is 105 miles and I average a little over 30k a year. Last year I finally bit the bullet ad paid the money for the Darien Jacket and pants. They perform as advertised, head and shoulders above anything else I have ever worn. I complained about how expensive it was until I realized how many different jackets/pants/rain gear/chaps, etc that I have in the basement. I did the math and would have SAFED about $2k if I had bought the Darien first.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:13 PM
cycelgrrrl
Stage III

After riding 5 hours thru pouring rain from novia scotia to nh in 50 degree temps this fall, I finally abandoned my Harley fxrg leathers (about $1,000 value), and my redwing boots (which I poured water out of) for an aerostich suit and goretex lined bmw boots. Should have done it long ago, but I couldn't let go of my love of that leather/fitted look. I have many fond memories with each scuff on my leather jacket that I will really miss that... but I now love being warm and dry above all... So, Goodbye mygorgeous black leather loves. My goal isto do serious touring traveling as light as possible and as distraction free as possible..... Aerostich seems to fit the bill best when it comes to all that, even if does have a face only a mother could love... damn i wish aerostich wasn't so butt ugly. How hard would it be for the areostich folks to put a little and I mean little style into this stuff???

Quick Reply: Aerostitch Darien Jackets