Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

PSI Genesis Carb

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 03:03 AM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default PSI Genesis Carb

Has anyone bought the new PSI Genesis Carburator? Looks like a good product.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 AM
kickindanutz
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PSI Genesis Carb

Hey Bro,I been running a 1st gen PSI (they re-design it about twice a month) for a couple years. In theory it sounds jam up. In reality its the most finicky ,throttle cable eatingest peice of s**t ive ever owned.Ive got it on my daily driver, which I also take to the track on weekends. Maybe if it was just a track bike it would be cool but being my daily driver Ive got to re-tune the sumbichevery week because it wont run at idle.
Next bitch:
They claim that its a direct replacement for an S&S G......bulls**t! Its got the same bolt pattern but thats about it. Coming up with an air cleaner is no problem, and coming up with some carb support is no problem. But good luck coming up with an air clean AND carb support.
I used to run a mikuni 45 and was real happy with it, but during a rebuild i decided to swap it for that PSI...I LOST 6 HP on the dyno.
Now Ive only got 95 inches and I suspect that it would be a bad *** carb on a big inch motor, but not for street use because as I mentioned earlier, it likes to eat throttle cables and has to be tuned every 500 miles or so.
I like the idea, and they may have made some improvements since I got mine but for my money Mikuni is the carb to beat.
BTW if you get one dont use a G intake unless your really skilled with a die grinder. Order a D intake from S&S. Nobody knows what a D is and theyre hard to come by locally. I run one ona shovel. Its basically an S&S B...but super sized and the manifold is a pretty good fit for thePSI. Any S&S dealer can order it for you.
Let me say 1 more time Mikuni is the way to go. Now Ill shut the f*ck up.
Kick