Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Security system '06 confusion

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 02:18 PM
rkonly
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security system '06 confusion

Can anyone shed some light on the 2006 H-D Security System Smart Siren II and System Pager Receiver II. Harley is still offerring the previous Smart Siren and Pager Kits as well as the version II. The version II is new and less expensive. What is the difference? My dealer seems confused as well. Any information and/or recommendations? Thanks.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:41 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,914 Likes on 815 Posts
Default RE: Security system '06 confusion

The Security Pager Receiver II is only a receiver and you need to have the Security Smart Siren II installed. Whereas the Older Pager System is acomplete transmitter/receiver setup. It appears that buying both of the II systems still comes in cheaper than the standalone pager, and you get the siren in the deal... there must be more to the difference... but based on the below descriptions, I think the II systems is the way to go!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

The descriptions:

Security Pager Receiver II

Designed to complement the Smart Siren II, this pager Receiver can be linked to the vehicle with no additional installation. The Page Receiver II monitors the Security System operation, and features multi-color LED indicators to display unique codes for arming, disarming and trigger modes. The Range Conformation Signal (RCS) confirms and displays the signal reception. Hi-efficiency FM circuitry provides excellent reception, even in buildings and parking garages. Maximum effective range is up to 1/2 mile. The Pager Receiver II features selectable vibration or audible modes. The silent paging mode feature allows selectable programming trigger modes to avoid activating the siren. The convenient built-in ultra-bright white LED flashlight helps light the way. The compact, lightweight receiver can be carried in your pocket, or clipped to a belt up to 1-3/4 inches wide. Kit includes receiver, holster, and one 3V lithium battery. Operates in conjunction with the Security System Fob and Smart Siren II.

Security Pager System

The Harley-Davidson Security System Pager with Range Confirmation Signal offers advanced paging surveillance. The pager monitors the Security System operation and using an alphanumeric LED display window, can display unique codes for arming, disarming and trigger modes. The pager is designed to operate in conjunction with the Security System Key Fob and the Smart Siren, or as a silent paging system only. The RCS feature allows you to check and confirm that you are within range to receive a vehicle security signal, when detected, while the security system is armed. You can monitor up to three vehicles with a single pager receiver. The pager's digital transmitter has exceptional range and a built-in back up power supply. The transmitter will continue to operate even if the wires are cut or the vehicle battery is disconnected. The pager's receiver has an alphanumeric LED display window that displays the security system's arming modes and trigger signals with selectable vibration or audible modes.

Security Smart Siren II

Security and convenience in one. The Harley-Davidson Smart Siren II combines the functionality of the smart siren and pager transmitter into one easy-to-install unit. Featuring a built in back-up power supply, the siren and transmitter functions will continue to operate even if the wires are cut or the vehicle battery is disconnected. When combined with the Pager Receiver II (sold separately), the integrated FM transmitter can warn of tampering up to 1/2 mile away. Smart Siren II features an enhanced sound chamber, a redesigned internal battery access cover, and ultra low power consumption during the standby mode. When activated, the Security System Fob arm and disarm commands are confirmed with a chirp feature. Smart Siren II is certified for use in North America.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Triple Z
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recently, I upgraded my alarms existing siren and pager to the new "Smart Siren II" setup.....

* The new siren comes with the pager transmitter already integrated into the same unit. You just need to buy the pager receiver and program it, and you're good to go.
* This setup eliminates the extra box of the old pager transmitter, as well as the connecting harness.
* New siren seems to be a bit louder and of a slightly higher pitch.
* The new pager has a much longer range. The new transmitter operates at a higher F.M. frequency, with more power.
* The pager receiver is much smaller and has new LED indicator lights that are easily seen. Also, a handy LED flashlight is cleverly built in as well. Comes with the usual belt clip.
* The new unit works with the regular TSSM module that you already have, and you still have to arm the system with the key fob as before.

My take? If you have the basic TSSM and are planning to install the siren and pager, then the Smart Siren II system is the way to go.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:15 AM
rkonly
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to both Clammy and Triple Z. I thought I must have been missing something obvious because the System II seems to be the way to go. I'll opt for that choice. I don't know why the older system is still being offerred though. Seems to be outdated. Thanks again for your information and opinions.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Triple Z
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rkonly

...... I don't know why the older system is still being offerred though. Seems to be outdated. ........
Good question. I'd imagine once the stock of the older units is depleted, they will become NLA/OBS.