Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Thunder Monsters.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007 | 11:33 AM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Thunder Monsters.

I posted this in the General Harley Chat section, but I figured it sounds like a review, so I'd put it here too.

After reading many very positive posts here about Thunder Monster baffles, I decided to give them a shot, and ordered a set for my V&H Straight Shots. I installed them, and they are a marked improvement, sound-wise and powerband-wise, over the cut baffles, I got with the pipes, and running them with no baffles at all.

I told someone here that I would record the sound for them, and I also wanted to hear a side by side comparison, so I recorded the bike warmed up idling, and a couple of throttle blasts with no baffles, then warmed up and idling, and a couple of throttle blasts with the TMs installed.

The low-end torque increase is really noticeable. She really launches off the line now! And the sound is deeper, and less "blatty" than it was with the cut-down baffles and when run with no baffles.

So here are a couple of links to sound clips. My setup is 88ci, stock compression ratio, heads ported and polished with larger valves, HQ-0039G gear drive cams, and Vance and Hines Straight Shots. The TMs re installed so that the lollipop is near the end of the pipes.

I'll be dynoing her later this spring/summer. So I should have some numbers to post.

Bike idling with a couple of throttle blasts. First part is no baffles. Second part is Thunder Monsters.

Bike idling only. First part is no baffles. Second part is Thunder Monsters.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]