Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Reduced Effort Clutch Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Reduced Effort Clutch Kit

Lubed the cable and clutch mechanism at the grip this morning. That helped quite a bit. Still plan to get the EZ kit, but for now much better.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:48 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Experience is a Bi+ch. If it's only your's, no one else gets to benefit. Pass life along. Share nice and don't run with an open Beer.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Greenejeep
Advanced

I need the same thing for the 87 Softail I have. My wife is learning to ride and the only thing causing a prob is the stiff clutch. I found this item on JP.
http://www.jpcycles.com/productdetai...ge=&search=

Old 01-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks very similar to the Burly EZ clutch kit. Half a dozen of one, six of the other.

I think they both claim to reduce effort by around 40%.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Greenejeep
Advanced

I hear ya. I guees I gotta get one or the other. Do you have a link to the ezburly kit?
Thats one cute little baby in your avatar. Dogs are the best people in the world. I have Bostons.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Greenejeep

I hear ya. I guees I gotta get one or the other. Do you have a link to the ezburly kit?
Thats one cute little baby in your avatar. Dogs are the best people in the world. I have Bostons.
Greenejeep, not sure how to send you the link, but it's shown on page 644 of the J&P Cycles 2007 HD catalog. You can also just do a search on the web for Burly EZ Clutch and other dealers come up, so J&P is not the only source.

That's my Lucy in the picture. We have two mini dachs, and she's the younger of the two. You're right -- they think they're people, and probably smarter than most!

Old 02-04-2007, 03:31 PM
fairplay
Road Master

got my ez pull from the stealer. they were tossin' on the big bore so only tacked on $50 for the ez.
some guys call me a sissy for it. they dont ride to work in chicago rush hour!

Old 02-27-2007, 03:57 AM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Was looking thru the old posts & came across this thread...

I just installed the reduced effort kit (from HD) on my 1999 Road King - Made a big difference.

My dad was giving me grief about 'not being strong enough to pull a lever' when I told him that I got it...Well, he came over about a week later, and now wants me to install the kit on his 2k4 Ultra Classic. Our friend was over @ the same time and he also wants me to put one on his.

Funny thing is, I haven't even installed the clutch spring that came with the kit (only did the ramp)...Not sure that it will make any more difference or not.

I seem to recall the clutch spring being just a bit too big to swap thru the derby cover - and I haven't felt like taking the outer primary cover off...So - I dunno if I'll do it or not. Seems fine the way it is

As mentioned it one of the previous posts, make sure you have a good set of 'spring clip' pliers - they will make the job WAY easier than without.

Also - if you get a 'ramp kit' from a manufacturer other than HD, make sure you get the side cover gasket...

Old 02-27-2007, 03:16 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

ORIGINAL: Greenejeep

I need the same thing for the 87 Softail I have. My wife is learning to ride and the only thing causing a prob is the stiff clutch. I found this item on JP.
http://www.jpcycles.com/productdetai...ge=&search=
186 bux for that??? You can get them elsewhere for 25!

Old 02-27-2007, 03:19 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

I did an EX Clutch on my 03 Train and put the actual HD Reduced Effort Kit on the 03 Heritage.
The Heritage is smoother and easier than my Train. I don't have a problem with the EZ and the wife rides the Heritage, and she's VERY happy with the HD Reduced Effort Kit.

Quick Reply: Reduced Effort Clutch Kit