Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

FLD switchback heel toe shifter? unicorn part?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 08:45 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Cool FLD switchback heel toe shifter? unicorn part?

please help.
2012 dyna switchback "touring bike" does not come with heel toe shift or passing lamps or really anything else as nothing is really available yet in 2011.
passing lamps are already getting welded together from old touring parts. so I think I got that solved.

the heel toe shifter is starting to really **** me off.

I have tried old 71 fl style no dice. perhaps taking a torch to it and bending the **** out of it might work.

bought an aluminum dyna defender police bike shifter. hit the boards in both places would take serious modifications with a ban saw to even mount it on stock shifter shaft.

bought touring shaft. too thick too long. ( I always hear this complaint)

the lever is welded to the shaft. I can make a whole new lever to weld on to a correct shaft if I could find something close I will mod it to work.

any help is greatly appreciated and as it will be posted here for ever it might help some one else later.

headed to the garage to pull the shifter off, make a bunch of measurements and take some pics.

thanx in advance

Attached Thumbnails FLD switchback heel toe shifter? unicorn part?-fld1.jpg   FLD switchback heel toe shifter? unicorn part?-defender.jpg   FLD switchback heel toe shifter? unicorn part?-fld3.jpg   FLD switchback heel toe shifter? unicorn part?-fld2.jpg   FLD switchback heel toe shifter? unicorn part?-img_20110925_094207.jpg