Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny issues - Thumbs Up

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006 | 04:27 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: 2007 Tranny issues - Thumbs Up

Yes, the VINn can be re-installed....

Have to reinstall the base map......

Done it twice in the past 1.5 mos......

Easy fix, but the point is that it is NOT supposed to do this, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2006 | 02:43 PM
Xtreme Hawg
Elite HDF Member

I'm happy with my 07 Ultra. It has a little whine in fifth, but I understand the straight cut fifth gear and expected it. Everything is good with one minor exception and it's the smart alarm not reading my FOB. Sometimes all goes good then other times it goes down hill. You can get on the bike with the FOB on your side and when you stand it up the alarm will go off. My dealers doing everything possible to fix the problem, but no luck yet...

Old 10-19-2006 | 07:33 PM
drocken
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bh73

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

so ,,,,, after reading these,,,,, for me to have a quiet bike, after spending $20 + G's... I need to buy more aftermarket stuff to get this thing to be quieted down,,, I'm sure some will agree with me , $$$ in the pocket produce the biggest smiles,,,, not spending $$ trying to right a wrong
I agree electaRICK. It is BS that we have to retune our bikes to make it run better. One thing I have noticed is that these new 07's get HOT! Once I have been riding my bike for a while and it is good and warm, If I let it idle standing still for about 30 seconds you can look under the heat shield where the pipes mount to the heads and they are glowing red! That is too hot. I can only imagine how hot it gets on the touring bikes that have fairings and lowers! Alot of people say that the noise they are hearing doesn't start happening until the bike is warmed up. Just makes me wonder if the excessive heat could be the culprit. Just guessing here.
I have no problems with my Ultra, I did have the heat problem until i put the PCIII on and that went away. The heat problem wasn't only with the 07's because I know a lot of people with 06's that had there pipes cherry red too until they either got the stag 1 done or put on the PCIII.

Old 10-19-2006 | 07:41 PM
drocken
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: pittguy

I doubt hes trying to sell anything,maybe just giving you guys a heads up that this could be traced and possibly effect warranty claims.Like it or not these guys still have to play by higher ups rules.
i live near St. Louis Mo, I have a HD dealer here that sales and installs PCIII's and I asked him about it and he said when it is unhooked that there is no evidence that it was ever there.

Old 10-19-2006 | 07:46 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

I was interested in if this upgrade had any effect on a noisey bke.If some of this rackect is detonation along w/maybe comp sprocket?Thx for the input.

Old 10-19-2006 | 11:47 PM
Mike05
Tourer

Harleys are like pizza. Ever the worst you've had wasn't bad. (same goes for most women)

Old 10-20-2006 | 12:42 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Mike05

Harleys are like pizza. Ever the worst you've had wasn't bad. (same goes for most women)
And MOST pizza.

Old 10-25-2006 | 02:53 AM
sizeup
Stage III

my 07 ultra is a little "chattery" in 5th, ......try some heavy Red LIne, aftermarket pipes and you will be fine. If you would like a real quiet bike with a fairing I suggest you get Gold Wing. I hear they are real nice, and you can pick a jump suit to match the bike color

Old 10-25-2006 | 10:22 AM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior

I've got to tell you guy's , IF your having trouble with your 07, honestley, my heart goes out to you, it's frustrating having problems like that when you spend so much money in good faith. Those of you that havent had any problems, or as serious of a problem, i'm GLAD for you.

Old 10-25-2006 | 01:53 PM
reesmicm
Cruiser

I have a 07 FLHX with around 3000 miles on the bike. I changed the tranny fluid with Formula+ at 500, 1000 (dealer) and at 3000 miles, there has been no metallic particles in the fluid. The 5th gear whine is gradually getting louder with mileage. Initially, I didn't notice the whine when I got the bike around a two months ago. I previously had a 2006 FXDI35 Superglide 35 with the 6 speed and the engine and transmission were quiet, especially the transmission through all the gears, including 5th. I don't believe that the 2006 and 2007 6 speeds are that different. It is a mystery why HD made 1-4th gears helicut, 5th straight cut and 6th direct drive (Baker patent?). I believe there is more to the store than what HD is not releasing out to the press. They probably will have to deal with it soon. What have the dealers been telling everyone?

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny issues - Thumbs Up