Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny issues - Thumbs Up

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006 | 08:55 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: 2007 Tranny issues - Thumbs Up

Akitakoi....

Then ask Jamie why the delayed signal from the CKP to the ECM, then to the Injectors and Coil....

I never said that this happens ALL the time, just something that I and another Tech have noticed when we removed PC's from bikes to upgrade to SERT's....

The last two infact.... one was an 03 Softail, the other an 06 Dyna....

No rhyme or reason, just noticed it...

And no bannings... There are a few members here that are customers of the shop that I work at, they know that I play by the rules....

And FWIW, both EFI tuners are very good in their own respects.... I am PC Rated from Dynojet BTW....

GOBB...

The o2's are a narrow bandwidth sensor (2 wire)... Can adjust the baseline config a total of 30%.... Not much by automotive standards...

Old 10-06-2006 | 07:42 PM
Rambler
Tourer

07 Heritage. Minor whine in 5th gear, but it fades away at 50 mph +-. Installed high flow, slip-ons (Rush 1.75 Baffles) and sert with the canned MAP. The operating temp dropped approximately 25 degrees. No other problems and the bike runs great.

Old 10-08-2006 | 01:17 PM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member

How wide do automotive O2 sensors adjust?

Old 10-08-2006 | 09:55 PM
FLSTC
Advanced

Auto O2 sensor's operate in millivolts between 0 and 1 volt. 1millivolt equels 1000th of a volt.

Old 10-11-2006 | 12:18 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain

Hey Bob, If I understand you correctly you state the 2 wire sensors control over a 30% range?, the SERT tuner manual says it controls about a half of an afr point plus/minus, assuming an afr of around 14.6 the adjustment capability would be less than 10%. If they truly do control over a 30% range then it would seem retuning for pipes and a/c would not be needed.
ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

Akitakoi....

Then ask Jamie why the delayed signal from the CKP to the ECM, then to the Injectors and Coil....

I never said that this happens ALL the time, just something that I and another Tech have noticed when we removed PC's from bikes to upgrade to SERT's....

The last two infact.... one was an 03 Softail, the other an 06 Dyna....

No rhyme or reason, just noticed it...

And no bannings... There are a few members here that are customers of the shop that I work at, they know that I play by the rules....

And FWIW, both EFI tuners are very good in their own respects.... I am PC Rated from Dynojet BTW....

GOBB...

The o2's are a narrow bandwidth sensor (2 wire)... Can adjust the baseline config a total of 30%.... Not much by automotive standards...

Old 10-14-2006 | 11:35 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

They are only actively tuning in closed loop mode (Cruising), so the AC and mufflers are out of the equation for that....

What get's you in the Lean AFR when switching to a High Flow AC and mufflers is when you crack the throttle and release....

The o2's are "Out of the loop" for that part of the ride.....

Hence the lean hot motors, pinging and decel pop.....

Jerry Duncan, PHD instructor at MMI Orlando showd us that it modifies the base map 15% up, 15% down (30%.....)

I will be getting more in depth this January, as I just found out I am going to SERT class... yeahhhhhh?????????

Old 10-15-2006 | 08:56 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

ORIGINAL: Akitakoi
I agree on the staying stock for now thing, the PCIII just plugs in and can be unpluged in a matter of a couple minutes. The tech's would never know it had been there.
Don't bet on that......

The PC is leaving a telltale that the ECM Input/Output signals have been modified....

What it has been doing (And I am seeing this more often), is that when the PC is removed, you access the ECM Via Digital Tech, and in the "System Information" table, the VIN that is encoded to the ECM is blank.....

When that happens, no updates can be done to the ECM, SERT cannot be installed, nor can a new ECM Flash be installed, as the program is VIN based for certain choices.....

Have had 2 PC's be exchanged for SERT's on customers bikes after the PC's crapped out (Throwing codes, prolonged cranking times, and general mayhem)... Went to get ECM info with the SERT to install a baseline map, and SERT couldn't validate VIN....

Hook up Digital Tech, and lo and behold, it's gone, as the PC modified yet another signal, but this time it modified it INSIDE the ECM Programming...... And YES, the PC was already removed from the ECM and main harness...

[sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 10-15-2006 | 11:22 AM
aal
Cruiser

Out of curiosity, what can be done when the pc might erase the vin no.?

Old 10-15-2006 | 12:31 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

If and when the VIN is not accessable in the ECM, Digital Tech (HD PC Based Tool) cannot perform updates to the ECM's base programming, nor can the SERT be married, as it relies on 2 specific sequence codes to validate it's marriage (VIN and ECM key code).....

Again, I do not think that this was purposely designed, but just a latent glitch in the interface, where it modifies or intercepts certain data to and from the ECM......

Old 10-15-2006 | 04:21 PM
aal
Cruiser

If and when a pc erases the vin info., is there any way to get it back, so you can go to sert, or for other things? Any way to reinput the info?

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny issues - Thumbs Up