Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

I have PMS, an '80 4 speed transmission and a stick of DYNOMITE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Sissy69
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have PMS, an '80 4 speed transmission and a stick of DYNOMITE!

Hi fellas, you may remember me from last year's desperate pleading for mechanical assistance. Welll I'm BAAAAAACK.

So for a quick update, January '09 I followed a bad impulse that led me to a crook with a Bible and bought the 1980 Shovel love of my life. Well, I had my hopes. But just like my last relationship, things went completely to hell. The 4 speed tranny started giving me trouble right away, so I bought new gears and shafts and had not one but TWO 'experts' to inspect, rebuid and make adjustments for proper tolerances.

And now everything works fine, except that it jumps out of fourth every three miles. When I push down on the shifter it goes back in to 4th.

Seems like something simple, but if you guys can't help me, my slow *** mechanic friend will take till NEXT YEAR to figure it out.

Da-yoop-de Doo, a yup...be done about 2012...little lady.

So you see, I need your help. Fix it or replace it. Of course I would rather my friend fix it but only if it is this lifetime..
GRACIAS